Country
New Zealand
iNuKe said:
outgum said:
i did them with
Emboar: FlameThrower, Scald, Head... thingy, its rock type, and arm thrust
Elecktross: Crunch, Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Acrobatics

*Snip

Very nice Mate sounds like some reasonable methods, where did you get the Elecketrik I have the stone to evolve it but need to find the first form, the pokedex says area unknown lol o_o

Got it from chargestone cave, I hear they are quite rare though
caught it as a tynamo

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/602.shtml#black

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
outgum said:
iNuKe said:
outgum said:
i did them with

*Snip

Very nice Mate sounds like some reasonable methods, where did you get the Elecketrik I have the stone to evolve it but need to find the first form, the pokedex says area unknown lol o_o

caught it as a tynamo

Wait, that's rare? I not only caught one, but ran into a million of them when I was going through the cave.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nathan Drake said:
outgum said:
iNuKe said:
outgum said:
i did them with

*Snip

caught it as a tynamo

Wait, that's rare? I not only caught one, but ran into a million of them when I was going through the cave.
Maybe the person who told me was just wrong lol, Probs common as, 8% encounters not too bad. nice pokemon to have too

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never usually come to gaming but thought may get some tips or something.
instead i find this weird thread.
HALP! MY POKEMANS CANT KILL ELITE 4!!
really?
i never went grinding but was still way higher than that by the time i got to elite 4. you are over 10 levels on average lower and the lowest almost as good as a magikarp to any party except for bringing out to use a revive.
sounds like you skipped out the main part of the game? battling and collecting.

good luck with that pawniard vs marshall, not sure how you even got to the elite 4.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All my guys were about level 45-50. Just bring tons of revives, full restores and hyper potions.

I beat it with:
Emboar
Simisage
Carracosta
Galvantula
Zweilous
Swoobat

iNuKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabjab said:
never usually come to gaming but thought may get some tips or something.
instead i find this weird thread.
HALP! MY POKEMANS CANT KILL ELITE 4!!
really?
i never went grinding but was still way higher than that by the time i got to elite 4. you are over 10 levels on average lower and the lowest almost as good as a magikarp to any party except for bringing out to use a revive.
sounds like you skipped out the main part of the game? battling and collecting.

good luck with that pawniard vs marshall, not sure how you even got to the elite 4.

HAHA I wanted to get under 20 hours but the game is so long I got suck and failed.. PLUS I got Sawk too early and overused him thus being so good.

And I wouldn't of trained Serperior if I knew its worst at E4

Doesnt matter now though I just literally was looking for a TM last night and stumbled into a rainy area and BOOM got Tornadus, and other night I got the legendary trio plus I still have victini and I plan on getting that Ice dragon and I have a druddigon so Ill just use them shoodnt be too hard.

Not quite too fond bout' rasing all of them equally in previous games I would just max out the starter and win with a ton of restores and revives.. Well I thought thats how your supposed to play the game max out your starter LOL

outgum said:
iNuKe said:
QUOTE(outgum @ Mar 24 2011, 02:32 AM) i did them with

*Snip

caught it as a tynamo

yeah.. about that so that was what that one sperm looking pokemon I saw the other day XD, I only saw one of them and my gut instinct was not to catch it because how wierd it looked now realizing it evolves in eleketrik and then elektross with stone LOL should of told me that when I ran into it

D

Deleted-236924

8BitWalugi said:
EV's are added until Level 50 I think. SO if you use 50 Rare Candies to get to Level 100 AFTER you reach Level 50, you should be fine.
Nope.

DxEggman said:
You can rare candy a pokemon from lv1 to lv100. they just wont gain any ev's. you can then ev train them, and once you deposit them in a box their stats are recalculated.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

Also in Gen 5, stats are recalculated after each battle;you dont even need to box them
In Gen 4, it is impossible to EV train at level 100.

iNuKe said:
Wait is vs seeker an item what if you put vs seeker onto a pokemon and transfer it to black?
No.

QUOTE(outgum @ Mar 24 2011, 04:53 AM)
Too bad its x4 rock... lol
Since when is rock super effective against electric?

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Me, not paying attention the slightest bit to EVs and natures, went to the elite 4 after having trained my pokemon up to lvl 50, except pawniard, he got to 52 so he evolved to bisharp.
So my Team:
Victini 50
Serperior 50
Gigalith 50
Simipour 50
Bisharp 52
Swoobat 50

So yeah its not even the greatest team, my most important pokemon against them probably were Victini, Serperior and Bisharp. The training at the victory road close to the healer and with the help of the lucky egg item was still decently fast. And the fight against the elite 4 was somewhat easy.

I've read you are not too fond of using Serperior against the elite 4 but you shouldn't underestimate him with the right move set.
Even though Serperior was not overall effective, he was still a great help against a few pokemon. I first used Leech seeds and then giga drain. If I saw by the hitpoints, that Serperior would survive more than one attack, I buffed him up with Coil, which boosts Atk, Def and Accuracy. I used it a few times and as long as the elites pokes wouldn't use special atk based attacks, I could camp them out with giga drain and leech seeds or even buff him up high enough that he could single hit most of them with leaf blade.
smile.gif

The first time I visited the elite just to check em out my pokemon were around 44-46 and it still felt to me I could have won with enough patience, a bit luck and enough revives and healing items.

So yeah, a bit of training changes a lot.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Keram said:
Me, not paying attention the slightest bit to EVs and natures, went to the elite 4 after having trained my pokemon up to lvl 50, except pawniard, he got to 52 so he evolved to bisharp.
Don't worry: EV training isn't important in single player. You won't be gimping yourself by not paying attention to that. Natures can be very handy in single player but again it's not the end of the world if you don't pay attention to them.

QUOTE(Keram @ Mar 25 2011, 05:46 AM) I've read you are not too fond of using Serperior against the elite 4 but you shouldn't underestimate him with the right move set.
Even though Serperior was not overall effective, he was still a great help against a few pokemon. I first used Leech seeds and then giga drain. If I saw by the hitpoints, that Serperior would survive more than one attack, I buffed him up with Coil, which boosts Atk, Def and Accuracy. I used it a few times and as long as the elites pokes wouldn't use special atk based attacks, I could camp them out with giga drain and leech seeds or even buff him up high enough that he could single hit most of them with leaf blade.
smile.gif
You should try teaching him substitute. Leech seed + substiture + drain move = hard to kill.
yaynds.gif
Not so sure about coil: your drain is a special attack so the only thing you're really doing is boosting your defense. If you were to get calm mind instead you would be increasing the damage your drain does, which in turn increases the healing it does.

iNuKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keram said:
So my Team:
Victini 50
Serperior 50
Gigalith 50
Simipour 50
Bisharp 52
Swoobat 50

So yeah its not even the greatest team, my most important pokemon against them probably were Victini, Serperior and Bisharp. The training at the victory road close to the healer and with the help of the lucky egg item was still decently fast. And the fight against the elite 4 was somewhat easy.

I've read you are not too fond of using Serperior against the elite 4 but you shouldn't underestimate him with the right move set.
smile.gif

The first time I visited the elite just to check em out my pokemon were around 44-46 and it still felt to me I could have won with enough patience, a bit luck and enough revives and healing items.

So yeah, a bit of training changes a lot.

Nice strategy I didn't even know it was right to use leech seed at higher levels and I hope I can teach Coil back with a move tutor I deleted it, and seriously great job dude only Germans come up with such great ways of bringing down oponnents I mean come on lol, its such
a simple yet highly skilled strategy that even I wouldn't come up with it. Again thats a complement and just my thanks of saying I love Germans LOL!

Spongeroberto said:
Keram said:
Don't worry: EV training isn't important in single player. You won't be gimping yourself by not paying attention to that. Natures can be very handy in single player but again it's not the end of the world if you don't pay attention to them.

QUOTE(Keram @ Mar 25 2011, 05:46 AM)
smile.gif
You should try teaching him substitute. Leech seed + substiture + drain move = hard to kill.
yaynds.gif
Not so sure about coil: your drain is a special attack so the only thing you're really doing is boosting your defense. If you were to get calm mind instead you would be increasing the damage your drain does, which in turn increases the healing it does.

WOW thank you again something I would of never thought of
biggrin.gif
can all of these be taught by move tutors? I know its about right movesets but honestly the only experience I'm good at is using powerful physicals.. lol kinda sad.

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spongeroberto said:
yaynds.gif

Yeah I am well aware the drain is special based and does not benefit from coil but he was also able to use leave blade and that is a physical atk.
wink.gif

I mostly use this tactic only against physical typed pokemons anyway, for example the fight type elite is quite easy with this, as long as I manage to camp out against him to use Coil, after like 2-3 coils he's buffed up enough anyway to survive normal hits easily, criticals might be a different story. And Leaf Blade with fully atk buff (I think you can use coil 6 times till its maxed?) gets strong enough also to kill it off and every next pokemon.

But again, the easiest way to have not too much difficulty to beat the elite 4 is training, getting them all to lvl 50 with the help of lucky egg and staying close to the healer inside the victory road makes a decent training place, especially against Durant (bug/steel). They give the most experience, but can be difficult to beat when you use pokemon with not so fitting types. Thats why you keep close to the healer. I've spend somewhat 1 to 2 hours there, training and I even was lucky to find a Deino there. And I only encountered it once during my training so I believe its quite rare.
biggrin.gif

iNuKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help but, it appears that Calm Mind and Substitute cannot be obtained before the Elite 4 so is there any Tm that are good alternatives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: