Hacking Can't Access Sysnand on Luma3ds

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! All right, so I have everything installed and running, and it's been quite great during the last week. I have installed Luma3ds with Emunand.
Sysnand in 9.2 and Emunand in 11.0.33. It boots directly into Emunand. I did everything through Home menu hack. I can play CIA games, Homebrews and all.
I'm so happy with the current state that I've decided to backup my Emunand, just in case.

To my surprise, EmuNAND9 won't load from Homebrew channel. It will give me a Red bottom screen and just exit to back to HBL.

I've been reading some threads and the problem seems to be that you can't run EmuNAND9 from Emunand. I've tried starting the console in Sysnand by holding L when powering but it just end up in a black screen. EVERY TIME.
I was told at the noob thread that it might be Menuhax trying to do its thing and I have to hit the "cancel" button to avoid its launch.
Unfortunately, the cancel button is L which is the same that triggers the Sysnand / Emunand boot on my Luma3ds.

Is there a way around this? The end result is a loop where my console keeps on reseting over and over again until I release the L button.

Thanks!

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you start off by holding SELECT, then, without releasing SELECT, press the power button. This will bring up the Luma3DS configuration screen. Copy all of the selected options and post it here.

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response guys!! The only thing I have Checked is "Show current NAND in system settings." I've tried the "Autoboot Sysnand" option and i'll start that crazy restart loop. And if I hit L to bypass menuhax goes into my Emunand.
Any clues?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response guys!! The only thing I have Checked is "Show current NAND in system settings." I've tried the "Autoboot Sysnand" option and i'll start that crazy restart loop. And if I hit L to bypass menuhax goes into my Emunand.
Any clues?
I'm not entirely sure where menuhax is installed, but I recommend you uninstall it. It seems to be causing the issues you're having.

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure where menuhax is installed, but I recommend you uninstall it. It seems to be causing the issues you're having.
Thank you!
1- If I remove Menuhax, will I still be able to autoboot into my Emunand like I do right now? I've installed it on my 9.2 to do all the magic in the first place.
2- How do I remove it.

Regards!

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!
1- If I remove Menuhax, will I still be able to autoboot into my Emunand like I do right now? I've installed it on my 9.2 to do all the magic in the first place.
2- How do I remove it.

Regards!
With A9LH, the whole point is to be able to boot into your NAND(s) quickly and pain-free! Now, I was going to suggest you boot to sysNAND and access the HBL but...you can't do that. So, are you sure that the "cancel button" was L? From personal experience, I know that L is the default button to load menuhax on the default setting (which doesn't even feature a "cancel button"). What may be happening is menuhax is failing to load. That may not be the case, so I'm requesting you give as much detail possible in regard to how your 3ds acts when you hold L during boot.

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With A9LH, the whole point is to be able to boot into your NAND(s) quickly and pain-free! Now, I was going to suggest you boot to sysNAND and access the HBL but...you can't do that. So, are you sure that the "cancel button" was L? From personal experience, I know that L is the default button to load menuhax on the default setting (which doesn't even feature a "cancel button"). What may be happening is menuhax is failing to load. That may not be the case, so I'm requesting you give as much detail possible in regard to how your 3ds acts when you hold L during boot.

Thank you! Basically, If I have "autoboot on Sysnand" unchecked, when I hold L it tries to load Sysnand and the loop starts. If I have it checked and hold L it goes into Emunand without trouble. L button is the trigger for one or the other depending if you have it checked or not.
What happens when it fails is that the 3DS logo shows as it would with the Emunand, then the screen turns black y then it completely turns off (I can see that no backlight is active) as it would when successfully booting into Emunand. Now when the backlight turns on again, still with black screen, the console reboots and starts the same cycle again. I hope I made myself clear enough. There is no error message or weird stuff on the screen. It just reboots.

Regards,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Basically, If I have "autoboot on Sysnand" unchecked, when I hold L it tries to load Sysnand and the loop starts. If I have it checked and hold L it goes into Emunand without trouble. L button is the trigger for one or the other depending if you have it checked or not.
What happens when it fails is that the 3DS logo shows as it would with the Emunand, then the screen turns black y then it completely turns off (I can see that no backlight is active) as it would when successfully booting into Emunand. Now when the backlight turns on again, still with black screen, the console reboots and starts the same cycle again. I hope I made myself clear enough. There is no error message or weird stuff on the screen. It just reboots.

Regards,
You know, I used to have the same problem, come to think of it. I solved it by launching System Settings and, as soon as the screen goes completely off, begin holding L.

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I used to have the same problem, come to think of it. I solved it by launching System Settings and, as soon as the screen goes completely off, begin holding L.
Wonderful! So, it is Power On the console holding Select. Do nothing with the options and when the screen turns off hold L. Did you do it with the Sysnand autoboot on or off?
Finally, if I happen to make it into the Sysnand, is there something I have to do there to keep this problem from happening again?
Thanks so much!

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful! So, it is Power On the console holding Select. Do nothing with the options and when the screen turns off hold L. Did you do it with the Sysnand autoboot on or off?
Finally, if I happen to make it into the Sysnand, is there something I have to do there to keep this problem from happening again?
Thanks so much!
Wait, I meant to say you need to exit System Settings before holding L. :rofl2:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
To remove menuhax, remove your Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card, boot up your console then copy it back on. If you have a9lh there is no need for emuNAND or menuhax, so change your theme to remove menuhax from whatever NAND you booted into, then restart your console and hold Y to open emuNAND9. From there you can clone your emuNAND to your sysNAND and remove emuNAND - there are steps in the guide.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To remove menuhax, remove your Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card, boot up your console then copy it back on. If you have a9lh there is no need for emuNAND or menuhax, so change your theme to remove menuhax from whatever NAND you booted into, then restart your console and hold Y to open emuNAND9. From there you can clone your emuNAND to your sysNAND and remove emuNAND - there are steps in the guide.
Yes, that'll work too. :P

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!! I'll read this a few times to make sure I know what you mean and then give it a try. Now, I don't think I did the permanent A9HL thing for luma3ds, though I might be mistaken. I've installed the luma on emunand. Not the hard way.

Now, if I got your steps right I have to:

1- Remove the Nintendo 3ds folder from SD card
2- Put the SD back into the console and turn it on. It should go into my Sysnand.
3- Turn off remove the SD, and copy it back?

Won't I need the Menuhax to get the whole party going?

Thanks so much for all your help guys. And I'm sorry if I ask dumb questions.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you!! I'll read this a few times to make sure I know what you mean and then give it a try. Now, I don't think I did the permanent A9HL thing for luma3ds, though I might be mistaken. I've installed the luma on emunand. Not the hard way.

Now, if I got your steps right I have to:

1- Remove the Nintendo 3ds folder from SD card
2- Put the SD back into the console and turn it on. It should go into my Sysnand.
3- Turn off remove the SD, and copy it back?

Won't I need the Menuhax to get the whole party going?

Thanks so much for all your help guys. And I'm sorry if I ask dumb questions.
Yes, except change 3 to:

3. Take out SD without turning off, put Nintendo 3DS folder back (can delete the new one it may have created) then change your theme to remove menuhax.

You only need menuhax on sysNAND, to be able to autoboot into emuNAND. If you have it on emuNAND too then your poor console gets confused. It goes into sysNAND, triggers menuhax to then boot into emuNAND, but then menuhax gets triggered so it boots into emuNAND again, then menuhax triggers again, etc.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, except change 3 to:

3. Take out SD without turning off, put Nintendo 3DS folder back (can delete the new one it may have created) then change your theme to remove menuhax.

You only need menuhax on sysNAND, to be able to autoboot into emuNAND. If you have it on emuNAND too then your poor console gets confused. It goes into sysNAND, triggers menuhax to then boot into emuNAND, but then menuhax gets triggered so it boots into emuNAND again, then menuhax triggers again, etc.

I think I'm beginning to understand, and thanks so much for your time. Now, this only happens when I hold L while turning on the console. If I touch nothing it goes into Emunand (most of the time) and I can play like charm.
I only want to backup everything because it works flawlessly.

EDIT: I can confirm that I have not used the AL9H for my installation. I haven't downgrade to 2.2 or whatsoever. My sysnand is in 9.2 and my emunand is in 11.0.33.

Last edited by Mike Abastante,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Mike Abastante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I got it fixed. In my desperation I started pressing each one of the buttons and see which one could miraculously cancel Menuhax. Seems like X did the trick.
Now I'm backing up my Sysnand and Emunand like a champ :)
Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast