Homebrew Cannot update HBC

Mister Mister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the Wii homebrew scene for about a year and so when I first went to the homebrew channel it told me to update (I'm currently on 1.0.3) to 1.0.6. So I tried updating it and it takes me to the Hackmii installer saying I can't because theirs no known vulnerable IOS installed. I tried redoing the Hackmii installer but it says the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Mister Mister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply but I was without internet for a while. I have tried everything everyone suggested here but it's still the same "no known vulnerable IOS installed".
QUOTE said:
get nusd and get ios61 and pack it into a wad and install it and try again =] I did this and Installed the wad with wad manager but no change.
QUOTEWhat firmware are you on, and have you patched any of your IOS versions with the signing/trucha bug, or anything like that? According to the Wiibrew.org page of the Homebrew Channel, you need at least one un-patched IOS to guarantee reliable performance.
I'm on 4.1U and I believe I patched some IOS versions when I first hacked my Wii. I searched around to see if I could just start over but some of the threads confused me.
Is it okay to use this guide? to "Virginize" my wii?
Thanks.

Mister Mister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Mister Mister said:
Gordinio said:
You installed cIOSCORP, didn't you?
Yes.
There's your problem. You installed an old version of cIOSCORP. Download DOP-Mii and install IOS61 with no patches.

Thank you
laugh.gif
I'll try this.

EDIT: I Just tried this and it still says the same thing. As a last try I downloaded system menu 4.2 from DOP-Mii without thinking and now I Updated to 4.2 and now I no longer can access the HBC or bootmii. I put banner bomb on my SD card to see if I could re hack it and it loaded but I can't install anything because of the no known vulnerable IOS. I can no longer play Back ups. God this sucks ass.

EDIT 2: I found a guide which fitted my situation perfectly:

--------Ok, here is the situation: You have just updated your wii after installing a version of CIOSCORP.Now, when you load the hackmii installer, you get a "No vulnerable IOS" error, because all of your IOSs are fakesigned, and the hackmii installer does not use fakesigned IOSs because Team Twiizers are against piracy.
I'm assuming that you are on 4.2 (if you aren't, then update to 4.2 through nintendo / waninkokos 4.2 updater)
What you have to do to fix this error is very simple!:

1. Download this: http://rapidshare.com/files/322967776/No_V...le_IOS__FIX.rar and extract it to the root of your SD card (the "private" and "boot.dol" files/folders should be on the root).
2. Click on the SD card tab on the home menu (on 4.2 this is).
3. When bannerbomb opens, press "yes" and wad manager should load.
4. Choose IOS36 as the one to load.
5. Select IOS30-64-v1042.wad to install, and click install.
6. Reboot the wii.
7. Re run the hackmii installer and everything will be fine.

The reason that it works is that the hackmii installer has a non "fakesigned" IOS to run off, so it can now run legitametely.------------

Anyway when I try to install the IOS I get a error -1035 in WAD Manager. Any idea how to fix this?

FIXED I used IOS 205 and now everything seems fine
yaywii.gif
I have bootmii and the HBC installed again. Thanks everyone for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-