Cannot read any game cart when in Atmosphere, fatal error when using nogc=0

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just switch to atmosphere but none of the game carts I have could be read. Doesn't matter if I re-insert 10 times or reboot. I searched online and found that I need to put [stratosphere] nogc = 0 in the stratosphere.ini which I copied from ConfigTemplates to the config folder under "atmosphere".

However when I did that, upon booting I got a "fata error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to parse stratosphere.ini". Only way I could reboot without this screen is removing the ini file from config. But now I still can't play any of the carts.

Also, I noticed that Checkpoint no longer works despite using the latest version. Is that normal? What's another good save manager beside it? JKSV?

Thanks for your help!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you did edit the stratosphere on a unsupported text editor, use a good one like Notepad++, in order to be sure what you have a good stratosphere.ini file, copy the one inside of a FRESH DOWNLOADED ZIP FROM GITHUB on the path ZIP:/atmosphere\config_templates\stratosphere.ini and copy it to your SD:/atmosphere/config folder, then edit it using Notepad++

if you use MAC remember to fix archive bit on you SD card.

Also, remember to edit Hekate_ipl.ini too if you boot using hekate.

put:

[config] autonogc=0

on it.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: simsimsim

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switch to atmosphere but none of the game carts I have could be read. Doesn't matter if I re-insert 10 times or reboot. I searched online and found that I need to put [stratosphere] nogc = 0 in the stratosphere.ini which I copied from ConfigTemplates to the config folder under "atmosphere".

However when I did that, upon booting I got a "fata error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to parse stratosphere.ini". Only way I could reboot without this screen is removing the ini file from config. But now I still can't play any of the carts.

Also, I noticed that Checkpoint no longer works despite using the latest version. Is that normal? What's another good save manager beside it? JKSV?

Thanks for your help!
I recommend asking in the Switch Noobs Paradise instead.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nop, the only full functional Save manager now is JKSV. also has been the best for some time ago.

you can use DBI for save management, it's a little bit complex but is a great option. you connect the console to computer and run DBI on MTP responder mode then your PC "See" a device with a Saves folder inside, that folder have a folder for each game and you can copy from/to you computer the save for each profile and BCAT y SYSTEM slots.

also on the console you can use DBI to export individual saves of each game to files on SD.

Last edited by impeeza,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need a FAQ. I requested and received access to edit the wiki. Thinking about throwing together some common gotchas.

E: would also be helpful to state…this is a problem #37. Please see the wiki. 😛

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you did edit the stratosphere on a unsupported text editor, use a good one like Notepad++ for ensure your have a good stratosphere.ini file. open the one inside of a FRESH DOWNLOADED ZIP FROM GITHUB on the path ZIP:/atmosphere\config_templates\stratosphere.ini and copy it to your SD:/atmosphere/config folder, then edit it using Notepad++

if you use MAC remember to fix bit archive on you SD card.

Also, remember to edit Hekate_ipl.ini too if you boot using hekate.

put:

[config] autonogc=0

on it.
Thanks a lot! Can you please tell me what's the difference between using fusee_primary.bin to boot vs using hekate?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot! Can you please tell me what's the difference between using fusee_primary.bin to boot vs using hekate?
If you say "fusee_primary" you should redo your setup with latest files, fusee_primary/secondary isn't used anymore, it's just fusee (and package3) now. Read this for how to: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0 (ignore the "1_0_0" link part, it's always for latest version available)

To answer the question, hekate is just a step in front of Atmosphere for emuNAND/SD management etc, also needed to chainload fusee on v2 Switches.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ok, again answered a lot of times on Noob Paradise.

fuse_primary.bin WAS the name of fuse.bin file, that file is the bootloader of atmosphere.

Hekate is another bootloader, hekate can load a lot of firmwares, like LAKKA, Android, and of course Atmosphere. Hekate can chainload fuse.bin or package3 files, if your chainload fuse.bin all the process is passed to Atmosphére, if you chainload package3 hekate boot some part of the CFW and the rest is handled by Atmosphere.

so in summary the difference is how to handle the first part of the boot.

is a personal taste. for me I do use:

Hekate -> Package3 boot secuence.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing