Kuwagatamushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all!

I know this is the bajillionth thread like this (because I've read through a lot of them trying to figure this out), but I got a bit careless at some point and screwed up my Switch.

I should note that I can still boot into RCM, so I don't think everything is lost, or anything. I'm just at my wits end.
I finally decided to bite the bullet yesterday and mod one of my Switches. My system's original firmware is 7.0.1, 9 fuses burned. I performed a backup of BOOT0 and BOOT1, plus my RAWNAND. I was originally using a 64GB SD card in FAT32 format.
I'd been using fusee-primary to boot into Atmosphere and began downloading useful homebrew apps. I then decided to load a backup NSP using Goldleaf via Goldtree, which was successful, but the required firmware for it was higher than what I had. I'd planned to use ChoiDuujour NX to upgrade to 8.0.1 and use AutoRCM, but then I also decided to swap all of my files to a 128GB SD card. Right after that, the system began failing to boot. I hadn't actually done anything past that.

I attempted to restore my NAND backup. No success.
I then decided to use ChoiDujour to downgrade the system to 6.0.1, then upgrade back to my original firmware and live with what I had for a while. After successfully downgrading, using Team Atlas NX's guide, the system still didn't boot into either OFW or CFW.

I figured at that point that I've missed something obvious, so I'm beseeching the experts.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last edited by goncalodoom,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the new 128 gb card formated exfat and the old 64 gb one formated fat32? Did u install new firmware choidujour or not? What firmware and steps you took? Does it boot if you go back to the old 64 gb card? Can you even downgrade from 7.0 to 6.0 with burnt fuse?

Last edited by wartutor,
Reactions: Powerful

Kuwagatamushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 128GB card is FAT32. I was using it in a Wii U prior to this.

I used PC Choidujour to downgrade to 6.0.1, since it can't be used to upgrade. Typical steps: derive the keys.txt and my BIS keys, use the keys.txt to create the firm, memtool to access each part of the band, and manually transfer the folders created for the firm using Hacdiskmount. Tried to launch FS_exfat_nomac_nogc, and nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Umm ok u didnt say anything
Yeah, I mistakenly did that because I was on my phone, lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1 - Clean everything related to atmosphere.
2 - Download latest Atmosphere and latest fusee-primary.bin
3 - Install these patch files (https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/)
4 - Inject fusee-primary.bin through TegraRcmGUI

PS: did you install the firmware update with exfat included?
No, and I think this may be where I made my mistake. Now that I'm looking back, it looks like it was supposed to be done with exfat, if the name of KIP file is any indication. I'll take the steps you've provided now.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to reinstall your complete backup and then boot with original 64 gb card. Why do i remember changing cluster size for my old 128gb card when i hacked my wii u?

Kuwagatamushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to reinstall your complete backup and then boot with original 64 gb card. Why do i remember changing cluster size for my old 128gb card when i hacked my wii u?
I actually just tried that, and it was a bit different than with the downgraded firmware.
After downgrading, attempting to load didn't disconnect me from RCM mode when going to black screen. On my original nand, it does. Not sure which one is "proper", though I may use a fresh set of files on my other switch to find out.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick thread snatch here....

I always use Hekate payload..... any advantage to using fusee-primary.bin ? been using KOSMOS but going to go to a Normal Atmo since KOSMOS has not updated to newest firmware yet. I am still on 7.0.1 ... I use a ns-ATMO injector..

sorry for he Hyjack ..... related , could help op and better then more clutter threads that take one answer ...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick thread snatch here....

I always use Hekate payload..... any advantage to using fusee-primary.bin ? been using KOSMOS but going to go to a Normal Atmo since KOSMOS has not updated to newest firmware yet. I am still on 7.0.1 ... I use a ns-ATMO injector..

sorry for he Hyjack ..... related , could help op and better then more clutter threads that take one answer ...

Get your own thread.

Reactions: Undwiz

Kuwagatamushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Clean everything related to atmosphere.
2 - Download latest Atmosphere and latest fusee-primary.bin
3 - Install these patch files (https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/)
4 - Inject fusee-primary.bin through TegraRcmGUI

PS: did you install the firmware update with exfat included?
Took me a while to get back to this point as, since I restored my original nand in accordance with wartutor's suggestion, I had to get back to my manually installed 6.0.1. Lol, I didn't even bother backing that up, so I just re-did everything, and it took significantly less time.

In any case, injecting fusee-primary.bin using TegraRcmGUI was successful. Something to note, for anyone checking this thread out later, "no rcm" is shown when completely booted in. I then transferred the patches to the atmosphere folder, and it resolved the non-booting there as well.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone! I figured it was something simple I missed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL fair enough....... I'm always nice to everyone and help people... hate to start a thread over a simple question.... other people do the same thing but i'll start a new thread.

@Undwiz, It kinda vary depends on if the OP like someone snatching his thread or not , in general some people mind and some people don't. As for your question, fusee primary is the boot loader for atmosphere, while hekate can be used to launch other payloads, do nand backup and restore, provide informations on battery, fuse count etc.

Reactions: Undwiz

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me a while to get back to this point as, since I restored my original nand in accordance with wartutor's suggestion, I had to get back to my manually installed 6.0.1. Lol, I didn't even bother backing that up, so I just re-did everything, and it took significantly less time.

In any case, injecting fusee-primary.bin using TegraRcmGUI was successful. Something to note, for anyone checking this thread out later, "no rcm" is shown when completely booted in. I then transferred the patches to the atmosphere folder, and it resolved the non-booting there as well.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone! I figured it was something simple I missed.

So your up and going again.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Undwiz, It kinda vary depends on if the OP like someone snatching his thread or not , in general some people mind and some people don't. As for your question, fusee primary is the boot loader for atmosphere, while hekate can be used to launch other payloads, do nand backup and restore, provide informations on battery, fuse count etc.

never used fusee primary , always Hekate to start up KOSMOS. Going to change to Atmos tomorrow after I go from 701 to 810. I use a payload injector not PC... wasn't really sure if I should switch to fusee primary. Think I read Hekate is better for Sig patches or what not.....

Anyway yeah your right I should have just made my own thread... Sorry OP

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never used fusee primary , always Hekate to start up KOSMOS. Going to change to Atmos tomorrow after I go from 701 to 810. I use a payload injector not PC... wasn't really sure if I should switch to fusee primary. Think I read Hekate is better for Sig patches or what not.....

Anyway yeah your right I should have just made my own thread... Sorry OP

For me I always used hekate to load fusee primary to load atmosphere due to the extra functions you get with Hekate, since you use Kosmos may as well wait for Kosmos to be update, as I haven't bother to update my units to 8.1.0 firmware. You can use atmosphere to calibrate battery every boot.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: