Hacking Cannot get rxTools to work on my O3DS running 9.2.0-20.

AlbinoDrought

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was happening to me earlier and I couldn't figure out why. What ended up helping was deleting all rxtools-related things off of my SD card, downloading them from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Before, I think I had the wrong firm.bin. When you download from the linked post, run CDN_firm.py and put the generated firm folder on your sdcard under sdmc:/rxtools so it looks like sdmc:/rxtools/firm

After this, I set up ctrbootmanager to boot directly to sdmc:/rxtools/sys/code.bin, because using the 3dsx did not work for me. This method allowed me to do the first time installation and boot into emunand.

Another thing to remember is that if you had themehax installed (especially if set to Autobot) when you formatted emunand, it is still set up in emunand.

I'm not sure which of these things fixed it for me, but it is up and running now. It also took a long time to boot at first (30s) until I disabled themehax.

V3NUS_M1NER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was happening to me earlier and I couldn't figure out why. What ended up helping was deleting all rxtools-related things off of my SD card, downloading them from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Before, I think I had the wrong firm.bin. When you download from the linked post, run CDN_firm.py and put the generated firm folder on your sdcard under sdmc:/rxtools so it looks like sdmc:/rxtools/firm

After this, I set up ctrbootmanager to boot directly to sdmc:/rxtools/sys/code.bin, because using the 3dsx did not work for me. This method allowed me to do the first time installation and boot into emunand.

Another thing to remember is that if you had themehax installed (especially if set to Autobot) when you formatted emunand, it is still set up in emunand.

I'm not sure which of these things fixed it for me, but it is up and running now. It also took a long time to boot at first (30s) until I disabled themehax.
Do you happen to have the rxTools that was linked in that thread? The link 429's.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question may be off topic but what exactly can be done with rx tools? what's the hype all about and why are most people happy about downgrading I'm actually thinking about updating my system again since I won't be able to access the Eshop anymore.. I'm morehcking enthusiast I like to push my electronics to the limits like my phones and computers and now my 3ds

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This question may be off topic but what exactly can be done with rx tools? what's the hype all about and why are most people happy about downgrading I'm actually thinking about updating my system again since I won't be able to access the Eshop anymore.. I'm morehcking enthusiast I like to push my electronics to the limits like my phones and computers and now my 3ds
Uhhhh.... play any game you want for free...? Plus you can access the eShop with emuNAND (on old 3DS) or spoofing (on new 3DS).

Reactions: wormdood

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that all? but we get that on homebrew already I'm not trying to talk down at the community or anything I just want to know what hacking the 3ds offers and even if you were able to play any game for free play them online?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
is that all? but we get that on homebrew already I'm not trying to talk down at the community or anything I just want to know what hacking the 3ds offers and even if you were able to play any game for free play them online?
You don't have that on homebrew. You can't play pirated 3DS games.

Using rxtools on 9.2 or less, you can play all games online with no problems (in cia format). Sometimes you can run into problems if you are using a different region to your console but in most cases those problems can be overcome. If the game region matches your console region you have zero problems.

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up