Hacking Cannot boot into SX OS CFW...

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, so I've been lurking these forums for quite sometime. Bought my nintendo switch the day it first came out, it's currently running 2.0.0. So thought well it's time to hack my console (as I've been awaiting a long time for proper releases to come out)

I have purchased an 256 GB SDXC card and the SX PRO kit.

What I've done so far is BACKUP my original untouched NAND running 2.0.0, I then have updated the SYSTEMNAND to 2.1.0 through ChoidoujourNX (to enable EXFAT as 2.0.0 didn't support it) with AUTO RCM installed to prevent fuse burning. I then proceeded to create a EMUNAND with SX OS which worked fine.

Here's where I'm currently stuck.... I cannot boot into CFW with EMUNAND enabled. However if I load the HEKATE payload, I can boot into atmosphere and do everything there but strictly through SX OS just gives me that error... I'm really stuck, tried to read online with a bunch of stuff but can't find any help.

I'm trying to update the EMUNAND with 6.1.0 so that I can run all my backups and keep my SYSNAND untouched on 2.1.0.

Any help would be appreciated! And I used to hack the Xbox 360 back in the days as well as my PSP (so been in the hacking scene for awhile). Thanks guys!!

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IIRC doesnt the latest SX OS require 6.2?
Hmm you may be right, I just put SX OS version 2.0.1 on and it now lets me boot into CFW however I can't boot into Emunand from the hidden partition I made from the newest version this way... What is the exact process for me to get this running? Is the only way to get this working by updating my SYSNAND to 6.2? Then create the emunand from there? Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Whats the error you get when loading emunand?

(And 6.2 is not required at all)

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can use hidden system emunand with the older sxos, that's a pretty recent feature.

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I try to boot into CFW, show the nintendo bootscreen, then i can press buttons for 2 secs and then says:

ERROR CODE 2254-0006

"Please press the POWER button to restart the console" etc etc.

Hmm, not really sure why this is happening. My Switch is NEVER going online until I feel like putting it back to stock so maybe the best bet is to ERASE emunand, upgrade my SYSNAND to 6.2, then recreate EMUNAND? Really stumped here.

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm....before doing that, have you updated to the latest SX OS? its 2.5.1 i think?
I was using the latest version which was 2.5.2. Tried your suggestion of 2.5.1 and same error occurs.... Anyone else have any ideas before I try the SYSNAND upgrade via Choi? Was hoping to keep my SYSNAND on lowest firmware possible and just using the updated EMUNAND to 6.1...

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, what about this:

they too have the same issue...
plus, i think you may have to update to 2.2.0 SYSNand
Thanks for doing some diggin' on this! Exactly same issue as me that they're having. So TLDR, which version should I update to? Should I just go to SYSNAND 6.1? Or should I go to 3.0.1? 2.2.0 seems like it won't work with 2.5.2 still (Which I need for EMUNAND hidden partition to work)

Edit* I think firmware 4.1.0 is the one to go for, should work with everything. Gonna try that now.

Last edited by xempirex,

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I meant 2.2.0 as a suggestion. In your case, you may have try higher firmware, just until it starts working. ( as for me, i haven't tried the hidden partition emunand, however, i was the file-based version on 6.0.1, not that it helps.... )

Last edited by Gamerjin,
Reactions: xempirex

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just update to sysnand 6.2? Coldboot is a pipe-dream that will never come. And as long as you stay in CFW (Auto-RMC) you can always go back if your fuses aren't burned.

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just update to sysnand 6.2? Coldboot is a pipe-dream that will never come. And as long as you stay in CFW (Auto-RMC) you can always go back if your fuses aren't burned.
Yeah that's true, I thought about it but meh, already updated to 4.1 now and my emunand is almost done being created. Will let you all know what the outcome is! :) Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: SonyUSA

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's true, I thought about it but meh, already updated to 4.1 now and my emunand is almost done being created. Will let you all know what the outcome is! :) Thanks for all the help.

I find emunand is kind of a waste of 32GB of space... lol. I just updated to latest firmware and kept the extra room for other goodies :D

Since you are on 4.1 now there is no reason to stop there, may as well go to 6.2.

Reactions: xempirex

xempirex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find emunand is kind of a waste of 32GB of space... lol. I just updated to latest firmware and kept the extra room for other goodies :D

Since you are on 4.1 now there is no reason to stop there, may as well go to 6.2.
Only going to update my SYSNAND to higher versions if it requires it! Haha.

UPDATE - updated my SYSNAND to 4.1.0 through Choi, then ran SX OS to create EMUNAND on SDCard, launched CFW from SX OS and it now works!! So I just updated my EMUNAND to 6.1! Now just loading my backups on! Thanks a lot everyone! SUPER STOKED on this! :D

Reactions: SonyUSA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.