Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
moogle.gif
I have no idea why i haven't registered an account on here till now since I've been using this sight for over a year for information but here i am.

I've been perusing all over the web for helpful, intelligent information on HOW to virginize a wii - the pro's - the con's - the idiots that'll create bricks from doing it and so forth so:

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!!!!!
Well, i want you to know - IT'S POSSIBLE! i AM aware that there is information posted on here on HOW to do it if you read carefully and there will definitely be a fleet of n00bs who WILL SCREW IT UP and then attempt to flame the hell out of the site!!

so here's my situation and my question:

SITUATION:

I've had my LU30 Wii for almost 2 years now and over the months I've recently noticed that my pointer is getting progressively worse... it stutters...not ALL the time but only in specific instances and playing certain games:

Stutters *Pulses* and is incredibly sensitive during the following uses ALL the time:

Mii Channel
WiiShop Channel

Occasionally:

Wii System Menu and Settings
Homebrew
USBLoader

And when launching NSMB,Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 either using the original DVD's or thru USBLoader, the pointer literally disappears unless your within 2/3feet of the TV and then it behaves just like on the Mii Channel

So, your probably thinking:

sensor bar - tried 2 other sensor bars and tried another wii using MY sensor bar - other wii works fine and the other sensor bars create the same issue when connected to my wii
remote - tried 5 other remotes and tried the remotes on another Wii - All the remotes have the same issue on MY Wii but all including mine work fine on another
lighting in the room - played in total darkness and would you believe - NO FIX AT ALL
batteries - must've plowed thru 30 various kinds of batteries - ISSUE STAYS THE SAME

WELL! Now I'M thinking:

Software related issue - either an IOS/cIOS issue or corruption in NAND
Hardware related issue - now THAT's where I'm an idiot and wouldn't know where to check beyond the physical connector for the sensor bar and believe you me, i checked that too!
Channel issue - Just for the sake of argument, I've toyed with older versions of the Mii Channel to no resolve

So I was an idiot at some point and deleted my ORIGINAL NAND and did some reading up on converting other NANDS to try on my Wii.
I made a recent NAND backup and tried this method but it failed as i expected it would due to an incompatible boot1 (mine is boot1b - my buddie's LU50 is ?boot1a) yet both being boot2v4 with bootMii as boot2

This immediately rules out a NAND check as i currently CANT reflash the NAND with anything OTHER than MY NAND

I have also downgraded my System Menu to 4.1 FROM 4.3 and still this hasn't fixed the issue (it was 4.1 when i bought it from the hock shop)

I have also remodded my Wii a couple of times since and still the exact same issue persists..

So...​

Question:

Can someone either please PM me on how to fully virginize my wii to STOCK 4.1U - it still has cIOS's from 4.3 floating around in it

or​

Does anyone know an answer or want me to try a troubleshoot method OTHER THAN MAILING IT TO NINTENDO?

yaywii.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1, unplug the power supply, remove the sensor cable, remove the tv cable, and gently drop the wii into a garbage bin.

or

2, Buy another wii fromm gamestop (wherever) swap it with yours and return it as faulty.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're really that persistent about TOTALLY virginizing your wii...try ohneswanzenegger. I haven't tried it myself, but the way it works, it should be able to get as close to virgin status as possible. Even to the point of even nintendo not being able to trace homebrew traces in there (though I have tried that even less than not at all).

I seriously doubt it'll help, though, as this isn't exactly a known issue. My guess would be that the infrared receiver on your wii fails (no, not the sensor bar itself...but perhaps the port in which that antenna plugs into).

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KiiWii said:
1, unplug the power supply, remove the sensor cable, remove the tv cable, and gently drop the wii into a garbage bin.

or

2, Buy another wii fromm gamestop (wherever) swap it with yours and return it as faulty.

yaywii.gif
LOVE IT!

@Wever Thanks! that looks very promising. Just got the email on my iPhone about this reply so I've crawled out of bed for a sleepless day to tackle this, wish me luck! LOL

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Use a digital camera or the camera from a cell phone to look at the sensor bar to see if the 10 LED's are even lighting up. That should be your first step to help determine the nature of the issue.

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
Use a digital camera or the camera from a cell phone to look at the sensor bar to see if the 10 LED's are even lighting up. That should be your first step to help determine the nature of the issue.

My Original thread posting indicates I've tried various sensor bars on my wii and the issue is identical however all 10 leds are lit.

MY sensor bar works perfectly fine on any other wii

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@Wever

THAT LINK WAS EFFING AWESOME MAN! I NOW HAVE A FULLY VIRGINIZED 4.1U SYSTEM!!!

but....

The issue remains
frown.gif
so I'm going to see if i can get my hands on a triwing set and troubleshoot the bluetooth module.

So.....

This issue is solely hardware based. You guys are awesome and a even bigger thumbs up to pune! I've been looking for an app like that for ages...

KEEP IT AWAY FROM THE NOOBS!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, i would like to point out that the sensor bar is not a sensor at all. it is the wiimote that sense where they are pointed. if you have dust and dirt on the front of the wiimote, it may interfere with this. also, the lighting in the room really matters. i have a window beside my TV. and when there is sun shining directly in the window, it confuses the wiimote and makes the pointer jump all over the screen. putting up a pretty pink window shade fixes the issue.

second, you can show your appreciation for ohneswanzenegger in the thread. it is entered in a competition and positive responses and success stories and whatnot are more likely to be seen by the judges if they are in that thread.

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
first, i would like to point out that the sensor bar is not a sensor at all. it is the wiimote that sense where they are pointed. if you have dust and dirt on the front of the wiimote, it may interfere with this. also, the lighting in the room really matters. i have a window beside my TV. and when there is sun shining directly in the window, it confuses the wiimote and makes the pointer jump all over the screen. putting up a pretty pink window shade fixes the issue.

frown.gif
A smiley would've been nice :'(

QUOTE(giantpune @ Apr 13 2011, 12:01 PM) second, you can show your appreciation for ohneswanzenegger in the thread. it is entered in a competition and positive responses and success stories and whatnot are more likely to be seen by the judges if they are in that thread.

Yes, I'll get right on it and thanks a million once again
yaywii.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Topic title changed to something a little less offensive to the eyes. Glad to see you're getting some help to your problem on the forums XL-DJK, but I'd suggest not posting in all bold text and in large font size etc. It becomes difficult to read coherently.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can try using to candles on each side of your tv to imitate the sensor bar.

try and see if they make any difference?

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:

I appreciate the sensor bar help guys
smile.gif
but I've already stated that I don't have a sensor bar issue or a remote issue...:S It's hardware related.:S

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
^^ +1 on that

XL-DJK said:
xzxero said:

I appreciate the sensor bar help guys
smile.gif
but I've already stated that I don't have a sensor bar issue or a remote issue...:S It's hardware related.:S
in the wii settings there is one setting called "sensor bar" where you can adjust the sensitivity of the camera on the wiimote. That might help.

QUOTE(OncleJulien @ Apr 13 2011, 05:38 PM)
your posts are visually magnificent, XL-DJK.
Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite. They're actually annoying me. I like it plain

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say you have checked your sensor bar and wiimote with another wii, but did you try the other wii with the same TV? What kind of TV is it? You might want to check the settings on the TV and see if it has a Video Game mode and if so, try that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XL-DJK said:
sensor bar - tried 2 other sensor bars and tried another wii using MY sensor bar - other wii works fine and the other sensor bars create the same issue when connected to my wii
I wonder...were those other 2 sensor bars connected to your wii as well? (I know some third party bars that simply work on batteries)

If they were...it may be worth trying out trying to sync your wii with 2 candles (quickly googled link.

As giantpune pointed out, the sensor bar isn't sensoring anything. It's the wiimotes that checks the area for (infrared?) light. As such, having 2 burning candles on top of your TV at the correct distance from one another will actually work as a homemade sensor bar. And if that works, then the problem is that your wii for some reason can't keep up providing power into your sensor bar (and a third party bar that works on batteries will do just fine).

EDIT: just noticed this was already mentioned (sorry...didn't read that careful). I want to point out that this may still work.

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Foez? Seriously? "In the wii settings there is one setting called "sensor bar" where you can adjust the sensitivity of the camera on the wiimote. That might help.

Just because my post count is less than 100 doesn't mean I'm a retard. You forget I used an advanced beta program flawlessly on one go. You honestly think I'm that stupid that i don't know there's a sensor setting in the Wii Settings Menu?

Oh, and good idea Wever but I've tried the candle trick and still same issue. All hardware 'hot swappable' have been tested on other wii's on the same TV and work fine... it's soleley my console. Currently torubleshooting hardware wise at this moment and swapping out the Bluetooth module (Figure I'll add some Arctic Paste to the chips while I'm at it)

XL-DJK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well... I have finished disassembling MY Wii and my buddy's Wii which he so generously offered to donate his bluetooth module for testing and sure enough ladies and gents..... as i suspected (and was also suggested)...

it was the bluetooth module.

I have partially reassembled his Wii with MY Bluetooth Module and put it to the "Mii Channel" test and voila....identical issue.

So... $30 repair job
yaywii.gif

Just to add: I've fully reassembled my wii with his bluetooth module and now it's working properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs