1. Alex4nder001

OP Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

United Kingdom
    I want to connect my DS to the Internet, but I don't have a compatible router. Instead I thought of buying an official Nintendo wifi usb connector and using it on my raspberry pi. Is it possible? Apparently most devices are supposed to work out of the box with linux but I might have to install other things first.

Another thing I thought of doing was setting up an access point on my pi. Except I tried, but I could only get it to use WPA encryption, when the DS uses WEP.

Is it possible to do either of those and not have to fiddle with my router's settings?

2. Awesome_Dude332

Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm investigating a way to do this using a raspberry pi. I believe a program called RaspAp can make an open hotspot on pi. I have yet to do more testing. Heres a link to a video on how to download it.

3. Nippo

Nippo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea if you can set up a WEP hotspot with your pi it should work.

Very unlikely that you would be able to get the USB working on a pi as the original software was only usable on older versions of Windows

4. Hambrew

Hambrew not your therapist

United States
    owns a RPi 3B
    oh my-

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - raspberry, connector, Nintendo