Hacking Can you transfer pirated .cia ROM saves to a legitimate cartridge?

rooderthanyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as per the title, I have a N3ds running CFW and have been downloading .cia's of games I want to try out before I go out and purchase them physically (because I like to have games i really enjoy on my shelf). My question is, if I play a pirated .cia for a while, and then go out and purchase the actual retail cartridge game, is there any way I can transfer my save from that .cia to the cartridge and continue from there? Or do I just need to start again.

thanks!

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
as per the title, I have a N3ds running CFW and have been downloading .cia's of games I want to try out before I go out and purchase them physically (because I like to have games i really enjoy on my shelf). My question is, if I play a pirated .cia for a while, and then go out and purchase the actual retail cartridge game, is there any way I can transfer my save from that .cia to the cartridge and continue from there? Or do I just need to start again.

thanks!
You can use a save manager like Checkpoint to backup your saves from the .cia and then restore it to your cart

rooderthanyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can use a save manager like Checkpoint to backup your saves from the .cia and then restore it to your cart
of course.
any save manager would do the trick.

Just tested this out with Checkpoint and Super Mario 3d World (the only game i have at the moment physical) and i'm blown away at how seamless it all is - 3ds CFW has to be some of the coolest CFW related video game stuff i've ever used!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-