Hacking Can you inject Majora's Mask (U) now?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan to buy Majora's Mask on VC the SECOND it comes out (Literally, my friends and I are pulling an all-nighter), but for now, I really want to play it right now. Would it be possible to inject the U version into the J wad? Also, I've noticed that my other injected wads dont seem to save... is that supposed to happen?

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it yourself it cant really hurt. (just dont use a banner unless you know how). Im going to guess that the emulation is very similar. There may be a few graphical glitches but its worth a shot.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you need to unpack the wad, replace the romc file with a compressed NTSC version of the rom (giving you another romc), repack it and use freethewads to make it region free.

If you are wondering how to do this, search the forums, they are filled with guides.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing an injected majora's mask for a week or so now (not a single glitch that I've noticed). I injected the NTSC-U rom into the PAL wad and it works great (of course I also changed the wad region). The Japanese wad should be the same process.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can vouch for this. Around the 2nd or 3rd day after it's PAL release, a working NTSC version began floating around. It's basically a NTSC-U game injected into the PAL wad and region changed to work on NTSC consoles.

It's there. You just need to know where to look and "how" to word it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9FyLsfDzw&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=7&pp=8AUB