Apple Can you directly access contents of a Ipod Classic Hard drive

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a broken iPod classic. I found it in the trash with thousands of songs on it. I managed to charge the iPod once that's why I know this. It needs a new board and i come to find out once you change the board out the hard drive wont "work" any more. So I was wondering is i connected it Via ZIF to USB and read the files that way If i would be able to pull all the files from it.

NJima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes you can. But you have to disassemble the ipod and use a tool to access the hard disk with usb connection.

Search "zif to usb" on amazon.

I am new here so I could not post images or hyperlinks. Sorry

Hope it helps

EDIT: One like this

Last edited by NJima,

NJima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ahh shit I literally found this thing in the trash. These things may be gone for good. Its a 160GB 7th gen
you might be better searching for "mk1634gal adapter" for this one. This specific hard drive isn't supported well with those dodgy boards.

EDIT: Maybe one like this, which specifically stated to support this model of hard drive. It's a walmart canada link, but you might be able to find it in your country.

Last edited by NJima,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol