Hacking Can we use a external HDD for added storage on 4.05?

karloz25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we use a external hard drive to increase storage on 4.05?
Theres a External Hdd option in Debug menu, is this usable?

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a database mod you need to ftp to the PS4 root and edit some folders just browse PS4 4.05 database mod USB psx and you will find a guide

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a database mod you need to ftp to the PS4 root and edit some folders just browse PS4 4.05 database mod USB psx and you will find a guide
does it work on all models though?
or does external storage on fat consoles just work and you only need this for slim/pro ?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Running games from external was added in 4.50 so you can't do it on 4.05. The database mod is kinda pointless as you still need the game installed on the internal drive as well as the USB drive.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running games from external was added in 4.50 so you can't do it on 4.05. The database mod is kinda pointless as you still need the game installed on the internal drive as well as the USB drive.
ok thanks
i thought i read someplace that on fat consoles you can use external storage on 4.05
but i never saw it mentioned about needing the games to be installed internally as well

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Fat can support 8tb with an adaptor you can buy. Slim i got it to work as well but had to 3d print the adaptor. I assume you can go larger but I've only tested 8. This is an internal mod not external usb

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not pointless. You install the pkg and then move the directory to the USB drive and edit the app.DB. Hardly any space is used on the hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5