Homebrew Can Ultima games be ported to DS?

Wololo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a big fan of the Ultima series and I think that the Ultima games fit perfectly for the DS. I spent days searching the internet hoping that there was a project or anything like this, but I found nothing
cry.gif

So that is my question: can the Ultima series games be ported to the Nintendo DS?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
You could try playing the DOS versions of the game with DSx86. The rest.... porting would take WAAY too long without source code.

ACEDIT: For the record, there's also a NES versions of Ultima 3 thru 5 that you can emulate on the NDS flawlessly.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ultima 1 works fine except for the space portion and Ultima 3 has a bug with character creation, specifically assigning stats. The Ultima 3 bug might have been fixed by now, though.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
It's also possible that someone might try converting Exult although it may have already been attempted in the past it is feasable that it could at least be done on the SCDS2.

EDIT: I've just tested Ultima VII part 1 and 2 on DSx86 and they require 386 emulation to run. I've also tested them on DS2x86 and they require the EMS to be turned off (I'll have to get in touch with pate to see if this is possible).

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
I know there was an Ultima for the NES. And I think there was one for the SNES too.

From here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_(series)#Console_games)

Ultima: Exodus (NES)
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar (NES)
Ultima IV : Quest of the Avatar (Sega Master System) — A faithful port of the original. Only released in English.
Ultima: Warriors of Destiny (NES)
Ultima: Runes of Virtue (Game Boy) — Non-canonical, action based gameplay and puzzle solving. The game's antagonist is called the "Black Knight." This is Garriott's favorite console-based Ultima.[1]
Ultima: Runes of Virtue 2 (Game Boy, Super NES)
Ultima VI: The False Prophet (SNES) — Gameplay adapted for the game pad. Includes plot changes and reduction in violence.
Ultima VII: The Black Gate (SNES) — Gameplay adapted for the game pad. Includes plot changes and reduction in violence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol