Hacking can this brick my wii?

bob1786060912

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii is perfectly fine, but I want to restore it using bootmii beta 2 , just to see if my nand works, so i can install themes. If i do recover now, for no reason, could this brick my wii by any chance?

bob1786060912

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let it verify. I just did the backup, but it said the contents match the wii. So I guess nothing did really happen. So now if I install a csm theme, will bootmii recover properly or can it still brick?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
should be fine, but do this first.

pop the sd card in a computer, and make sure the backup is roughly 500 MB (i forget the exact size, lol, sorry). for some people, even if bootmii said it was fine, it ended up producing 0kb backup nand files.

oh, and btw, is bootmii installed as boot2?

D

Deleted User

TroyTheZombie said:
should be fine, but do this first.

pop the sd card in a computer, and make sure the backup is roughly 500 MB (i forget the exact size, lol, sorry). for some people, even if bootmii said it was fine, it ended up producing 0kb backup nand files.
now that sucks

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good to me, unless you have the worst luck in the world, lol, you should be fine.

also, is bootmii installed as boot2, or from an IOS?

( I have more experience with boot2, not sure if an IOS install will be as effective)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bob1786060912 said:
It is 528 mb.If I do brick my wii, will it restore to normal?

It will restore to whatever point in which you made the backup. And the 0k issue is only because people are in a hurry and abort the verify process when they back up their nand. If you let the verify go through (which you did) you end up with the 528MB file that will restore your Wii.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is BootMii installed to boot2 or IOS?

You might want to install Pre-Loader v29 if BootMii is installed as a IOS for extra protection..

Yes as long a BootMii isn't over written the NAND will restore you're Wii back to when you made it..

EDIT..

I see BootMii is installed to Boot2 so you are good to go, you still might want to install Pre-Loader tho for extra protection.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay