Hacking Can the new Wii's 4.2 be modded?

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been hearing the new wii's that come with version 4.2 U can not be modded due to the new Chipset they have..Like the ds-3 chip or whatever is this true Can they still be softmodded..here is another guy talking about it

Posting from the Forum::::

There is a new DVD drive chipset that is starting to emerge that will not play DVDR, if your Wii came with sys menu 4.0 on it then it could be one, the chipset is known as a D3-2 and the only way of telling if you have one is to open her up, but as this will invalidate your warranty you are better off trying to load DVDRs and if you just keep getting errors then it is a good indication that you have one. The USB loader will still work though so just follow the guide as normal.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...stem-menus.html

can anyone confirm that?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I modded a system yesterday that was bought this past week and it had 4.0U installed on it.I updated it to 4.2U and successfully modded it to play games from dvd-r and from usb.

Like it says there's no way to know for sure unless you open it up.
Simpler way would be to just mod the system and then try a burnt game and if it doesn't work then you know why.You can always undo all the mods you did to it and take it back to the store or whatever you want to so it looks untouched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might work might not I don't know