Hacking Can SX OS be uninstalled?

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So...

I download an Ubuntu live CD. I boot it up, but I want to use SuperMagicApp3.11. However SMA3.11 isn't included in the live distibution, I have o use the software centre to download and ...install it, no? It's only temporarily installed because as soon as I reboot the live distro it will be gone again; but it absolutely has been installed; otherwise I wouldn't be able to run it.
Ya, you are right. In the case of this switch hack Im being told its only just running a few processes in memory, I didnt think that was all that was needed.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn’t make sense, you remove the disc and the game stops working.
Same reason when power is lost on the switch the "temporarily install" goes away lol. Thats why I don't consider a install until it's something permanent and not temporarily loaded to ram. I can consider technically as a temporary install only and not a full real install to the nand memory...

quint80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hypothetical question that I hope TX will answer... if I boot my switch into OFW without using any of the TX products and removing my SD card, is there any way for Nintendo to identify my Switch? Would save data stored locally be a possible flag for banning?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypothetical question that I hope TX will answer... if I boot my switch into OFW without using any of the TX products and removing my SD card, is there any way for Nintendo to identify my Switch? Would save data stored locally be a possible flag for banning?
Hypothetically yes because that save data belongs to a game you do not own. TX's modchip does not install anything permanent to the Switch except AutoRCM which I don't believe can be detected but I may be wrong.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hypothetically yes because that save data belongs to a game you do not own. TX's modchip does not install anything permanent to the Switch except AutoRCM which I don't believe can be detected but I may be wrong.
I’m sure there are ways they can tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh