Hacking Can start wii games but not gc games?

Yyx2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi.

So I softmodded my wii like 1,5 months ago and it all worked out fine after a few reads and watching tutorials.

I use a regular sd-card 2GB and a usb with 32GB of storage to load all my wii games.

All my wii games are loading with no issue since I name them as you’re supposed to do with gamecode and so on.

I didn’t bother to do anything with the GameCube games at all since I thought you needed to put your games onto the sd-cars, since I’m just using a 2GB one. But anyhow, my original gc console broke down so I thought I would give it a go. Looked trough some post and watched some videos, downloaded 1-2 games.

I named a folder on my usb card, games - named the folder inside of that super Mario sunshine - the game.iso. Inside of usb loader gx I can see a picture of the game, it plays the music but when I start, it doesn’t load. I downloaded another game since I thought maybe that one was broken, and nothing happend. When into nintendont, try to start the game and my console just shuts off.

Tried to name it only game but no luck. I’ve change the forward port so it gets the games from my usb drive, I’ve went into setting on nintendont and also change to progressive since I read that it could be an issue but still no luck.

I don’t want to quit, I want to be able to play the games. So I need some help

Fawe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi.

So I softmodded my wii like 1,5 months ago and it all worked out fine after a few reads and watching tutorials.

I use a regular sd-card 2GB and a usb with 32GB of storage to load all my wii games.

All my wii games are loading with no issue since I name them as you’re supposed to do with gamecode and so on.

I didn’t bother to do anything with the GameCube games at all since I thought you needed to put your games onto the sd-cars, since I’m just using a 2GB one. But anyhow, my original gc console broke down so I thought I would give it a go. Looked trough some post and watched some videos, downloaded 1-2 games.

I named a folder on my usb card, games - named the folder inside of that super Mario sunshine - the game.iso. Inside of usb loader gx I can see a picture of the game, it plays the music but when I start, it doesn’t load. I downloaded another game since I thought maybe that one was broken, and nothing happend. When into nintendont, try to start the game and my console just shuts off.

Tried to name it only game but no luck. I’ve change the forward port so it gets the games from my usb drive, I’ve went into setting on nintendont and also change to progressive since I read that it could be an issue but still no luck.

I don’t want to quit, I want to be able to play the games. So I need some help
Get WiiFlow, put the games in a folder called "games", name the files like this > -GAMENAME.iso, make sure your SD card and HDD are formatted as FAT32.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont
The official documentation states:
  • USB flash drives are known to be problematic.
  • Nintendont runs best with storage devices formatted with 32 KB clusters. (Use either FAT32 or exFAT.)
I'll make a guess that you are both using a USB flash drive and that drive is not formatted with 32 KB clusters. Which is not recommended...

I understand Wii games work; but nintendon't is a different app and may not have the same compatibility with data storage drives as what is required to run wii games off of USB.

Notwithstanding, Here are a few things you can try with you current setup.

Load nintendont directly via homebrew channel and choose a game from the list. the User Interface is definitely not as nice; but by loading games via nintendont directly let's you see if the usb loader gx is part of the issue.

You also have a 2GB sd card... a bit small but you may be able to try running a gc game from it.

Lastly you could have a corrupt gamecube backup. you could lookup how to verify your copy is good.

you could have a fake or bad 32gb usb. https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-an...b-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/
note: these testing utilities are DATA DESTRUCTIVE. Also fake storage corrupts files as well...

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1