Hacking Can someone recommend an easy way to short pin 10 without taking apart the joycon?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 3 on ebay for $4 shipped. If this doesn't work out I'll just buy a R joycon and solder the points together. I guess alternately you can use wire glue with a fine tip.

That's my plan. I could've gone for getting f0f's jig printed but I figured I was going to get another set of joycons anyway and I might as well. In addition to that Shapeways declined my order saying that the right wall of the jig was weak and could be prone to warping during the printing process. Here's hoping your guy is able to print them correctly and if not then it was only $4.

Reactions: Ronhero

gbazone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone removed the rail to see if it's easier to accomplish that way? None of my Phillips screwdrivers are sharp enough.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That's my plan. I could've gone for getting f0f's jig printed but I figured I was going to get another set of joycons anyway and I might as well. In addition to that Shapeways declined my order saying that the right wall of the jig was weak and could be prone to warping during the printing process. Here's hoping your guy is able to print them correctly and if not then it was only $4.

Yup. I just ordered a R joycon for $30 just in case too haha.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232723001280

Here's a link to his post. As mentioned mention Ronhero since he already has the 3d print

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to those buying right joycons, does the joycon need to be an older model? I figure if they are changing the hardware of the switch they must be changing the joycon as well.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to those buying right joycons, does the joycon need to be an older model? I figure if they are changing the hardware of the switch they must be changing the joycon as well.
why should they need to change the joycons... they just need to update the tegra soc.

D

Deleted User

anyone in the UK/EU want one made I can make them :)

not sure if I will do the microusb part, but that should be easy enough for people to do....although I guess if demand is high enough I will see

if i can order one in uk i will

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
anyone in the UK/EU want one made I can make them :)

not sure if I will do the microusb part, but that should be easy enough for people to do....although I guess if demand is high enough I will see

In caee anyone doesn't know he is a very very trusted member at GBA

Reactions: gamesquest1

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. I just ordered a R joycon for $30 just in case too haha.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232723001280

Here's a link to his post. As mentioned mention Ronhero since he already has the 3d print

I'm sure he's scratching his head wondering why so many people are messaging him wanting that specific piece. You definitely got a good deal on that joycon. I wanted the red joycons which are pretty pricey compared to the nonpopular colors. (Thankfully my employee discount brought them down from $76 to $69. Free one day shipping so I'll have them tomorrow!)

It has probably been stated before but I must've missed it while reading the 5+ threads; Will the joycon function normally even when the two points are bridged (I'd imagine it would if it's connected to the system after boot.) or will that R joycon forever boot it into RCM until the wire is taken out?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could need some help i am in DEUTSCHLAND
same here would prefer a complete solution. not that good in regard of soldering.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sure he's scratching his head wondering why so many people are messaging him wanting that specific piece. You definitely got a good deal on that joycon. I wanted the red joycons which are pretty pricey compared to the nonpopular colors. (Thankfully my employee discount brought them down from $76 to $69. Free one day shipping so I'll have them tomorrow!)

It has probably been stated before but I must've missed it while reading the 5+ threads; Will the joycon function normally even when the two points are bridged (I'd imagine it would if it's connected to the system after boot.) or will that R joycon forever boot it into RCM until the wire is taken out?
it will work just fine. it will only boot rcm if v+ is pressed.

Reactions: Devin
D

Deleted User

same here would prefer a complete solution. not that good in regard of soldering.

its not that i cant solder but those points are to small and i got hugh hands so its complicated messing with tiny parts

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: hippy dave

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

He was warned prior to me referring him. He knows what they are used for haha.

Yeah and its green so ill associate that with green means go CFW.

If i read it correctly it will function normally but will activate only when usb and vol + are hit

Reactions: Devin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive