Hacking Can someone identify how my Wii U is hacked please?

GruntMaster3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a pre-hacked Wii U second hand recently which the seller stated came with Haxchi installed. I have connected a 1TB external USB hard drive, formatted it and successfully installed 8 titles using Wii U USB Helper (patched with version 0.15b of USBHelperLauncher). When I try to install using WUP Installer GX2, at least half the titles throw up the error message "verify WUP files are correct and complete dlc/eshop require sig". I don't think it's a case of corrupt downloads, I suspect it's more to do with how the Wii U has been hacked. The problem I have is that I don't know how to determine which type of hack is installed and there isn't a backup of the NAND on the supplied SD card. I am worried if I start playing around with anything without the prior knowledge then I might brick the console. I was hoping that someone might be able to help identify the hack used and then I can go away and search for possible solutions. Many thanks.

Here is everything I know about my Wii U console:

System software version: 5.5.4 E

Contents of the included 64gb SD card - directory / file listing (abridged) *I have added some brief output of .txt files and .log's

apps
-> homebrew_browser
-> nintendont​

boot.elf

haxchi
-> bootDrcTex.tga
-> bootTvTex.tga
-> config.txt
-> a=fw.img
b=sysmenu
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf​
-> iconTex.tga
-> title.txt
-> Homebrew launcher​
info.json
Install
installer.log
-> HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
Running under IOS 58 rev 0x1920
The test results are in:
Using IOS versions: Installer: 58, HBC: 58
The Homebrew channel: Can be installed
BootMii: Can NOT be installed​

manifest.install
nincfg.bin
saves
wads

wiiu
-> apps
-> appstore
-> ddd
-> disc2app
-> haxchi
-> homebrew_launcher
-> loadiine_gx2
-> Modifications & Credits.txt
-> USB_TRANSFER
-> wup_installer_gx2
-> wuphax​
-> games
-> payload.elf
-> saves​
wuphaxBackup.app

Last edited by GruntMaster3000,

GruntMaster3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks, I ran sign patcher first and the title installed without any problems. I was under the impression I had cold boot haxchi installed and therefore wouldn't need to run anything else to patch sigs, obviously that wasn't the case. Thank you so much for your kind help.

Reactions: jeannotte

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
use first "sign patcher", then second "wup install", and everything will be fine
When haxchi is installed, you don't need any signature patcher anymore.

I was under the impression I had cold boot haxchi installed and therefore wouldn't need to run anything else to patch sigs
If you have cbhc installed, you would see the firmware version 99.99.99E or something like this in the system settings. And an autoboot menu at boot. And your statement is correct. Start haxchi and you dont need any separate signature patchers anymore.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jeannotte said:

use first "sign patcher", then second "wup install", and everything will be fine

Hello,

@ baamalex:

I had to launch "Sig patcher" before launching "wup installer" for some games, I do not know which ones, but not many games, I had to do like this.

Last edited by jeannotte,

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
jeannotte said:

Hello,

@ baamalex:

I had to launch "Sig patcher" before launching "wup installer" for some games, I do not know which ones, but not many games, I had to do like this.
You don't need to launch "Sig Patcher", or any other signature patching homebrew for that matter! You already have Haxchi installed, you just need to learn how to use it properly. Next time do this: Launch Haxchi and while it's loading hold down the "B" button on your gamepad. Continue holding "B" until you are taken right back to the system menu. You are now in CFW.
BOOM!!! PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited by dojafoja,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8