Hacking Can someone help me convert a DQVII save from the blue button sky3ds to cia save pleaseee!!!

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've put almost 100hrs into the game. I've backup a save before i got rid of the Sky3ds and start using "Luma". I'm in deep deep regret that i should have finished the game. So pleaseee, if someone is kind enough please help me to convert it to a .cia save so i can continue playing it. Please don't ignore me, i need your help so much :sad::cry:.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09766617366365350705

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm there might be a issue with .sav files being unique. But now with the new keys it in theory be possible to build a software to make them decrypted saves.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll need to find someone with a blue SKY3DS, send them your save, have them extract the save with JKSM and send you that.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im currently downloading the game now, fingers crossed.

edit:

im getting
"A corrupted adventure log was found, and has been deleted"

Last edited by Akira,
Reactions: Wankerla

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im currently downloading the game now, fingers crossed.

edit:

im getting
"A corrupted adventure log was found, and has been deleted"

Oh gosh. I don't know what to do now. May i ask if did you recover the save with the old blue button sky3ds or the sky3ds+?. I want to say thank you anyway.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh gosh. I don't know what to do now. May i ask if did you recover the save with the old blue button sky3ds or the sky3ds+?. I want to say thank you anyway.
It might mean that you need to do it on the console you played the game on, assuming you didn't delete the exdata associated to it.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sky3DS save files are encrypted with region-unique keys, so the OP needs to transfer the game himself/herself. @Wankerla do you have CFW installed on the console you used to play DQVII?

Last edited by sansnumen,

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It might mean that you need to do it on the console you played the game on, assuming you didn't delete the exdata associated to it.
I don't even know what is the exdata. But i don't have a blue button sky3ds with me anyway. I guess there's no hope left.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Sky3DS save files are encrypted with region-unique keys, so the OP needs to transfer the game himself/herself. @Wankerla do you have CFW installed on the console you used to play DQVII?

Yes i do have luma3ds on my console. But i don't have a sky3ds to convert the save file.

Old blue button
Thanks alot. I appreciate it. I think i'll need to find someone's save that's closed to 100% so i can finish the game by my self. Thank you anyway

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Sky3DS save files are encrypted with region-unique keys,
That's wrong, the SKY3DS doesn't encrypt the save with anything other than the header.
You can plan a game and continue with the same save on any console, if the game allows it. Monster Hunter games are the perfect example with their big warning every time you launch the game.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's wrong, the SKY3DS doesn't encrypt the save with anything other than the header.
You can plan a game and continue with the same save on any console, if the game allows it. Monster Hunter games are the perfect example with their big warning every time you launch the game.

Well 3DBrew says the following regarding retail cart encryption: "The gamecard savegame keyslots' keyY(these savegame keyslots use the hardware key-generator) is unique for each region and for each game."

Source: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what is the exdata. But i don't have a blue button sky3ds with me anyway. I guess there's no hope left.

Yes i do have luma3ds on my console. But i don't have a sky3ds to convert the save file.

Thanks alot. I appreciate it. I think i'll need to find someone's save that's closed to 100% so i can finish the game by my self. Thank you anyway
I have one that's pretty close, on the Island of Neos if you want that one....

EDIT: Nevermind, I used cheats Lol so you probably don't want it.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well 3DBrew says the following regarding retail cart encryption: "The gamecard savegame keyslots' keyY(these savegame keyslots use the hardware key-generator) is unique for each region and for each game."

Source: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames
Unless I misunderstood something that just mean that a EU save game can't be read by an US game, that different game have different encryption but not that each gamecart for the same game has a specific encryption. That's why we use JKSM to get rid of those limitations.
But I might be wrong.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I misunderstood something that just mean that a EU save game can't be read by an US game, that different game have different encryption but not that each gamecart for the same game has a specific encryption. That's why we use JKSM to get rid of those limitations.
But I might be wrong.

You are a bit confused. Gamecart saves are encrypted with per region and per game keyY's as explained on 3DBrew. So that means that Zelda OoT has a different encryption key than Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, for example. The region encryption keys are the same for all systems built for EUR for example.

The encryption algorithm built into the hardware AES engine is the same on all systems, only the encryption keys vary by game and region. That is why you can only play games on a Sky3DS that are from the same region as your system itself, because the encryption keys are different for every region. With CFW, we do not have to worry about this as we can decrypt anything we want with the 3DS's AES engine.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are a bit confused. Gamecart saves are encrypted with per region and per game keyY's as explained on 3DBrew. So that means that Zelda OoT has a different encryption key than Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, for example. The region encryption keys are the same for all systems built for EUR for example.

The encryption algorithm built into the hardware AES engine is the same on all systems, only the encryption keys vary by game and region. That is why you can only play games on a Sky3DS that are from the same region as your system itself, because the encryption keys are different for every region. With CFW, we do not have to worry about this as we can decrypt anything we want with the 3DS's AES engine.
No, not confused but you said it way better than me :)

What I misunderstood is I thought you said that the SKY3DS encrypted the save for itself not only like a usual gamecart.

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one that's pretty close, on the Island of Neos if you want that one....

EDIT: Nevermind, I used cheats Lol so you probably don't want it.

Can i reverse it back to original uncheated game?. i'm so desperate right now. i'm trying everything i can and if there is no other way to get mine back i'll use your save. i'm more than happy to have your save, thanks alot!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i reverse it back to original uncheated game?. i'm so desperate right now. i'm trying everything i can and if there is no other way to get mine back i'll use your save. i'm more than happy to have your save, thanks alot!
You could probably hex edit it so it's not so much, or find a save editor or something. I used NTR cheats so I'm not sure if you can reverse them or not. I can give you the cheat plugin I used too, so if you CAN reverse them you should be able to with that if the option is there. Give me a sec and I'll zip them for you.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1