Hacking Can someone help me convert a DQVII save from the blue button sky3ds to cia save pleaseee!!!

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bummer that you don't have a Sky3DS anymore. Have you tried decrypting your save file with https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-save-de-encrypter-v1-4.303833/

You can try that. Try to decrypt the save file and then try to import your decrypted save file with JK's Save Manager. Good luck.

Thanks alot. i'll try it asap. But i've just read a thread and he said "EEPROM-YES works just fine.

The moment you write the ROM using Diskwriter to the mSD, savedata gets broken.

EEPROM-NO games DO SAVE DATA to 3DS SD card. restoring backups on Sky3DS only connects them back to template savedata. Then "corrupted savedata".
"
. Anyway it's just hacking thing, but i guess there's no way for me to get it back though. Thank you anyway.

Ah, one more thing. I also backup my save in .bks form. Do you have any idea if i could use it to restore the save?

Last edited by Wankerla,

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot. i'll try it asap. But i've just read a thread and he said "EEPROM-YES works just fine.

The moment you write the ROM using Diskwriter to the mSD, savedata gets broken.

EEPROM-NO games DO SAVE DATA to 3DS SD card. restoring backups on Sky3DS only connects them back to template savedata. Then "corrupted savedata".
"
. Anyway it's just hacking thing, but i guess there's no way for me to get it back though. Thank you anyway.

Ah, one more thing. I also backup my save in .bks form. Do you have any idea if i could use it to restore the save?

Sorry can't help you. I am not familiar with .bks save files. If you cannot borrow a Sky3DS flashcart from someone, then I would say it's time to move on from trying to save your savedata.

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Wankerla

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in your BKS file, there are three save games:

"Dragon Quest 7" (CTR-P-AD7P) <-- this one uses an FF header
"Pokemon Y" (CTR-P-EK2A) <-- this one seems to use a private header?
"Dragon Quest 8" (CTR-P-BQ8P) <-- this one uses FF header (game is also APflagged)

Your Dragon Quest 7 save is corrupted... I get an "Error Opening Save Data Archive (0xD900458A)"
when trying to export and "corrupted data" when loading the game.

Your Pokemon Y save character name is "NoOneEver" (Location: Route 8)
Your Dragon Quest 8 save is empty, (you wouldn't of been able to play this on official firmware anyway due to AP-flag)

edit: Sadly, I'm unable to restore / dump your DQ7 save, I can access / dump your "Pokemon Y" save just fine
(Y saves into the rom itself due to the game being 'Card 2' type) so your BKS file seems to be fine, and also the
'raw' save data from DQ7 from the BKS file matches the SAV version exactly so I'm unsure why the data is corrupted...

Was "Dragon Quest 7" was the last game you played?
Did you press the Blue Button' to swap games before you backed up the Save using diskwriter?
(you need to do this so the save file gets transferred from the Sky3DS Internal Memory to the MicroSD card)

Last edited by c4388354,
Reactions: Wankerla

Wankerla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in your BKS file, there are three save games:

"Dragon Quest 7" (CTR-P-AD7P) <-- this one uses an FF header
"Pokemon Y" (CTR-P-EK2A) <-- this one seems to use a private header?
"Dragon Quest 8" (CTR-P-BQ8P) <-- this one uses FF header (game is also APflagged)

Your Dragon Quest 7 save is corrupted... I get an "Error Opening Save Data Archive (0xD900458A)"
when trying to export and "corrupted data" when loading the game.

Your Pokemon Y save character name is "NoOneEver" (Location: Route 8)
Your Dragon Quest 8 save is empty, (you wouldn't of been able to play this on official firmware anyway due to AP-flag)

edit: Sadly, I'm unable to restore / dump your DQ7 save, I can access / dump your "Pokemon Y" save just fine
(Y saves into the rom itself due to the game being 'Card 2' type) so your BKS file seems to be fine, and also the
'raw' save data from DQ7 from the BKS file matches the SAV version exactly so I'm unsure why the data is corrupted...

Was "Dragon Quest 7" was the last game you played?
Did you press the Blue Button' to swap games before you backed up the Save using diskwriter?
(you need to do this so the save file gets transferred from the Sky3DS Internal Memory to the MicroSD card)

Dang. You're so professional on this topic. I guess that was exactly what i did. Maybe i forgot to pess the blue button . Your answer is everything that i need. I should start asking for a save late into the game right now instead of holding onto this. Thank you very much!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to tell you that im using the Diskwriter for OSX, hopefully it's not a problem though.

Don't worry. It was my bad. You don't need to do it anymore. Thank you for everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.