Hacking Can someone elucidate me on exactly WHY the sky3ds can't be used for 3.1?

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 og3DS, 2x gateway cards, and 2x jap N3DS. I am NOT going to waste my time and/or money importing a japanese copy of OOT that may or may not work (and will be utterly useless to me for anything else) after waiting as long as I have to make these N3DS better than pretty paperweights.

As far as I can tell it seems like you use a OOT card and import the save that Gateway provides, then dump it out so that it works with your personal card's header, and therefore can be plunked on and loaded on your other 3DS consoles. Why exactly is this a problem for the sky3ds to execute (considering its just a card emulator?). Is it because the sky3ds loads saves from its own memory card and it uses its own format? In which case shouldn't it be relatively simple for a conversion tool to be made?

Reactions: GaaraPrime
D

Deleted User

Short answer: The method in which saves are handled for both cartridges are completely different.

Importing saves from GW/Cart->Sky3DS involves a 3DS with CFW and savedatafiler.

Though if someone had the time and managed to do it, they would just need to dump the cartridge and provide a template for it to work.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: The method in which saves are handled for both cartridges are completely different.

Importing saves from GW/Cart->Sky3DS involves a 3DS with CFW and savedatafiler.

Though if someone had the time and managed to do it, they would just need to dump the cartridge and provide a template for it to work.

I'm moving the save over from the GW archive to my Sky without using SDF. I get the save loading fine but the exploit just doesn't launch.

D

Deleted User

Are you using a personal dump of your OoT? How are you converting the .sav from GW to a Sky 1MB save? Only thing I could think of is if you had your own OOT, injected the saved, dumped the cart, wrote your own template and flashed it to Sky.

Would be interested to test yours.

I could be way off base here though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc