Hacking Can people pleaz post how well the scds2 works on the 3DS here

wikoogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people are getting the 3DS and want a flashcart for it that plays SNES, GBA, Genesis and DS backups.

The SCDS2 is the only one that offers this so far to my knowledge. So it seems like the best (only) option.

However, it costs $40 and if it doesn't work as well on the 3DS as it does on the DSi, that's $40 down the sink.

So can those rare few people who have the SCDS2 and are getting a 3DS at launch post impressions of how well it works, how nice it looks etc.

It would help out the rest of us trying to decide if we should take the leap now, or wait for a flash cart made specifically for the 3DS.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got to see how pokémon white plays on a 3DS yesterday.
When the powersave mode was turned on, the screen would "flicker", things like speech bubbles animating made the colours inconsistent, changing.
On a brightness setting 3 with powersaving on, it was actually pretty ugly, it looked much better with brightness setting 5, powersaving off.
In addition to that, there was a delayed pause when the game had to load another music track.
Playing pokémon with the circle pad was awkward, and the d-pad is not well positioned on the system.

But really, I haven't tried a DS flashcart on a 3DS yet (and I dare not), but DS games are best played on a DS.

wikoogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I haven't tried a DS flashcart on a 3DS yet (and I dare not), but DS games are best played on a DS.

That's not really an option. I sold my DS Lite+CycloDS+EZflash for a 100 bucks total and put that money towards my 3DS purchase. I think many opted to do the same, the 3DS is one expensive handheld.

Why are you afraid of flashcarts on the 3DS. Nintendo isn't going to remotely brick your system, that's illegal beyond belief. Just opt out of doing any updates until hackers figure out a work around.

At worst, I'm certain there's a way to clear the 3DS information and restore it to factory defaults if you need to return it or something. You shouldn't though as Nintendo's handhelds are very reliable.

D

Deleted_171835

wikoogle said:
At worst, I'm certain there's a way to clear the 3DS information and restore it to factory defaults if you need to return it or something. You shouldn't though as Nintendo's handhelds are very reliable.
You're right. There is a way.
You go into 'System Settings''. After that, you press 'Other Settings', go to the fourth page and press 'Format System Memory'.
proof

I would rather not use the DSTWO on my 3DS for fear that the cart logging thing is true. That hasn't been confirmed to be bullshit, yet. Plus, I already have (several) original DS systems. I'll just use the DSTWO on those.

wikoogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
The SCDS2 will work for the 3DS, but honestly, selling your DS Lite and Cyclo was a horrible idea. (100 dollars? You got ripped off bad.)

$105. It was the old cycloDS not the CycloDSi. I think I got a fine deal. The DS Lite was four years old, and I have no intention of using it again. Being able to use the circle pad on old DS games is far too appealing.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
SoulSnatcher said:
wikoogle said:
You're right. There is a way.
You go into 'System Settings''. After that, you press 'Other Settings', go to the fourth page and press 'Format System Memory'.
proof

If the 3DS stores information of the games you've played to fight against piracy, it will not remove that list. Clearing that might be very difficult.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wikoogle said:
Slyakin said:
The SCDS2 will work for the 3DS, but honestly, selling your DS Lite and Cyclo was a horrible idea. (100 dollars? You got ripped off bad.)

$105. It was the old cycloDS not the CycloDSi. I think I got a fine deal. The DS Lite was four years old, and I have no intention of using it again. Being able to use the circle pad on old DS games is far too appealing.
Ahh, that makes more sense.
wink.gif

Well, you still should get the SCDS2. It works well. Just be sure to have power-saving off when you try to play it. (Power saving mode is in the brightness settings)

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the games are a little fuzzy. so what, they are playable. As far as the information stored on the 3DS rumor... I could care less, I plan to keep my system. I have never resold a system. I still have my original Gameboy phat to the my DS Phat. It can store all the info about my DS2 it wants.
dry.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Even if the games are a little fuzzy. so what, they are playable. As far as the information stored on the 3DS rumor... I could care less, I plan to keep my system. I have never resold a system. I still have my original Gameboy phat to the my DS Phat. It can store all the info about my DS2 it wants.
dry.gif

Lol agreed, i still have one of my original DS Lites and im planning to keep it.

Though....i might wait a few days to try my Flash Cart on my 3DS, just incase XD. Nintendo might have a killswitch under thier grubby hands.

Schtarek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello i have got a question about the SupercardTwo and the Nintendo 3ds.

I do not have a DSI. Is it possible to update the firmware on the Nintendo 3ds ?
Because some people said, that its better to update it on the old dsi system not the 3ds system
by the way there is a video, who someone doing the same.

Or is it no problem to update the firmware on the 3ds ?

CircusMaximusBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wikoogle said:
Slyakin said:

I have a Aqua 3DS and i can tell you in games like mario 64 ds and star wars complete saga the circle pad works wonders compared to the old dpad setup

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Schtarek said:

I do not have a DSI. Is it possible to update the firmware on the Nintendo 3ds ?
Because some people said, that its better to update it on the old dsi system not the 3ds system

I believe you need a DS, DSLite or DSi to update the Supercard DSTWO firmware to get it working at all on the 3DS.
However, once you have it updated to work on the 3DS then maybe you can apply further updates with the 3DS, I'm not entirely sure though.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
spiritofcat said:
Schtarek said:

I believe you need a DS, DSLite or DSi to update the Supercard DSTWO firmware to get it working at all on the 3DS.
However, once you have it updated to work on the 3DS then maybe you can apply further updates with the 3DS, I'm not entirely sure though.
No, it works like the iplayer. The cpu draws power from the ds while the error message shows.

Schtarek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your Answers.

My little brothers friend has got a DSI. but i cannot use it for every update.
If the card is working (after the first update) there have to be a big possibility to update it from the
3ds, or not ?

sry for my bad english.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Schtarek said:
Thanks for your Answers.

My little brothers friend has got a DSI. but i cannot use it for every update.
If the card is working (after the first update) there have to be a big possibility to update it from the
3ds, or not ?

sry for my bad english.
Yeah, I would think that after the first update it should be possible for it to do future updates from the 3DS but I'm not entirely sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol