Can Mystery Countercade be used to extract the Arcade1UP ROMs and make them usable for other emulators (MAME, FBNeo)?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, the ROMs should be the exact same ones you would use in MAME otherwise...
Also technically, you can't extract them and use them elsewhere legally since extracting them is a violation of Arcade1up TOS.

Basically put, there is no point unless the ROMs on your countercade are modified in some useful way since they will be no more legally yours than any other version of the ROM would be.

WarMasterXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, the ROMs should be the exact same ones you would use in MAME otherwise...
Also technically, you can't extract them and use them elsewhere legally since extracting them is a violation of Arcade1up TOS.

Basically put, there is no point unless the ROMs on your countercade are modified in some useful way since they will be no more legally yours than any other version of the ROM would be.
Dammit. It was worth a shot though.
Post automatically merged:

You think you can show me how to do it anyway? Because I've extracted ROMs from Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, and bought Capcom Coin-Op Classics Series 1 to have the Street Fighter II CPS1 ROMs, so since I'm willing to do that, then this shouldn't be any different.

Last edited by WarMasterXX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright