Hacking Can my Switch be hacked?

kuroshida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a switch and its serial number is XAW101007, which means it falls in the category of possibly being patched.
I have booted into RCM, ran TegraRCM and BiskeyDump - turns out it's patched and it's on 6.2 firmware.

I've been reading everywhere that 6.2 is totally hackable at this point. I even see people on craigslist selling "CFW compatible" Switches without even mentioning its serial number, which leads me to believe that at this point the serials don't matter as the Switch has been thoroughly hacked.
But then I see posts saying that if your command prompt says "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" then it's unhackable.

So, even though my Switch is patched, is it still possible to hack? Or am I out of luck?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's patched you will not be able to access rcm.

You are 100% wrong. All switches boot into RCM.

"Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" means it's patched, like you've read.

All firmware is currently hackable, but only with an unpatched unit. There may or may not be an exploit for patched units, only time will tell.

Reactions: Robotawi

kuroshida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's patched you will not be able to access rcm.
Even though Tegra said "RCM OK?"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are 100% wrong. All switches boot into RCM.

"Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" means it's patched, like you've read.

All firmware is currently hackable, but only with an unpatched unit. There may or may not be an exploit for patched units, only time will tell.
So as of right now there is no way around the whole patched issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-