ROM Hack Can I use Wi-Fi on stock firmware after injecting BOTW save?

• Thread starter Deletedmember448668
  • Start date
  • Views 2,001
  • Replies 10
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
Might be a noob question. So, I've only went into RCM once and used the Nuts save tool thing to inject a save I had from CEMU (Wii u emulator). Injection worked fine, BoTW save is updated now and I'm back on og firmware perminantly. My question is now that I'm no longer using cfw, can I enable wifi? Or am I still at risk of ban from Nintendo? I've been paranoid and have enabled airplane mode ever since and haven't taken it off. Any help here is really appreciated!

Last edited by ,
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
Might be a noob question. So, I've only went into RCM once and used the Nuts save tool thing to inject a save I had from CEMU (Wii u emulator). Injection worked fine, BoTW save is updated now and I'm back on og firmware perminantly. My question is now that I'm no longer using cfw, can I enable wifi? Or am I still at risk of ban from Nintendo? I've been paranoid and have enabled airplane mode ever since and haven't taken it off. Any help here is really appreciated!

I forget to mention I'm on 5.0.2, so firmware updating isnt a concern

Last edited by ,
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
Don't quote me on that, but you should be fine, I don't think that nintendo is monitoring individual savefiles (at least for solo games)
Thank you for the reply! I've been hesitant to go back online ever since I injected the save haha. Most people usually stay offline to avoid firmware updates but I'm already on the latest, just wasn't sure If Nintendo could detect that my system has been in RCM

lilpataya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the reply! I've been hesitant to go back online ever since I injected the save haha. Most people usually stay offline to avoid firmware updates but I'm already on the latest, just wasn't sure If Nintendo could detect that my system has been in RCM

I've read that there is a variable which states the last boot reason (rcm, reboot, crash, standard boot) so if you want to be safe, just reboot it without connecting it to wifi a couple times. Again, I might be wrong by saying that they don't monitor this stuff, but there's no real reason for them to do so since you're not harming them or other people in online games.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Chill my pal, don't hold me too this if I'm wrong, but I really don't think they'll start their ban waves till they release their paid online service, I do HIGHLY recommend getting a new system to play games officially on if you do plan to continue using any form of CFW in the forseeable future though as you should expect an inevitable ban using CFW I know it's not what you want to hear, but you need to know the risks.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
Chill my pal, don't hold me too this if I'm wrong, but I really don't think they'll start their ban waves till they release their paid online service, I do HIGHLY recommend getting a new system to play games officially on if you plan to continue using any CFW in the future on your current console though as you should expect an inevitable ban using CFW.
I guess question is, is it possible to be banned now for injecting one save for botw? I don't plan on using rcm for anything else so I'll be on original firmware

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've read that there is a variable which states the last boot reason (rcm, reboot, crash, standard boot) so if you want to be safe, just reboot it without connecting it to wifi a couple times. Again, I might be wrong by saying that they don't monitor this stuff, but there's no real reason for them to do so since you're not harming them or other people in online games.
Okay perfect! Thanks bro, you've been helpful

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess question is, is it possible to be banned now for injecting one save for botw? I don't plan on using rcm for anything else so I'll be on original firmware

IDK, and I don't think anyone being real with you can 100% assure you that comfort, just stay low, and hope for the best,

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: Deletedmember448668
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
IDK, and I don't think anyone being real with you can 100% assure you that comfort, just stay low, and hope for the best,
True. Haven't seen anyone on here getting banned yet but honestly, most people here are smart enough to turn their WiFi off lol. Guess we'll see.

lilpataya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
True. Haven't seen anyone on here getting banned yet but honestly, most people here are smart enough to turn their WiFi off lol. Guess we'll see.

It would be a bad move for nintendo to ban people for injecting saves in solo games and using homebrew apps, especially if you're not into piracy/online cheating. But we can't be 100% sure of anything, we just have to wait with our fingers crossed and not be super obnoxious about it.

D

Deletedmember448668

OP
It would be a bad move for nintendo to ban people for injecting saves in solo games and using homebrew apps, especially if you're not into piracy/online cheating. But we can't be 100% sure of anything, we just have to wait with our fingers crossed and not be super obnoxious about it.
well, their will always be home brew, Nintendo cant stop it either. It's too bad they have no plans for virtual console, I don't know if I'll use cfw again, I really don't want my account banned, only reason I did it was because my botw Cemu save had further progress on it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q