Hacking Can I use WAD installer to install Wii opera browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raid168

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I use WAD installer to install Wii opera browser?

I heard only Japan version opera browser can install ,true?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need the correct browser for your region and you need to be updated to 3.1 or 3.2 for it to work. I would guess 3.2 but since I already bought it off the WiiShop long ago, I have had no need to install another copy. All regions have been dumped and are floating around the internets, I don't see any reason for it not to work.

*Edit - Looked it up. You must be running 3.2 to use any of the Opera Browser Channel Releases

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google is your friend, now use it. Stop asking useless questions when you can get it with google.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duy64 said:
Google is your friend, now use it. Stop asking useless questions when you can get it with google.

It wasn't a useleass question, and when people say to use the search function on this site they say it because somewhere 4 posts down you would have found your answer. Unfortunately this is a question that hasn't been answered very often as the Opera Browser doesn't work like a Virtual Console game. He also wanted to make sure that it wasn't just the JP version that could be installed, another resonable question. Next time take the time your going to use to flame someone and actually attempt to help. If you found the answer with google so easily why not send him the link? Then instead of being an asshole, you are providing services to the site. If this site based answering questions by saying Google has all the answers, then we wouldn't be helping anyone. The point is to keep the answers in one general place.

raid168

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jinxvorheeze said:
duy64 said:

It wasn't a useleass question, and when people say to use the search function on this site they say it because somewhere 4 posts down you would have found your answer. Unfortunately this is a question that hasn't been answered very often as the Opera Browser doesn't work like a Virtual Console game. He also wanted to make sure that it wasn't just the JP version that could be installed, another resonable question. Next time take the time your going to use to flame someone and actually attempt to help. If you found the answer with google so easily why not send him the link? Then instead of being an asshole, you are providing services to the site. If this site based answering questions by saying Google has all the answers, then we wouldn't be helping anyone. The point is to keep the answers in one general place.

thanks,you are a very good man with warm-heart
gbasp.gif
yaynds.gif

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duy64 said:

If you don't have anything nice to say, it is better to shut up instead of talking.

@TC: Yes but it depends on your Wii region, you will need a correct WAD file in order for it to work.

So you'll need to find a US release of Opera, try looking up.

Not sure if you can upgrade it, as I have downloaded it long time ago.

Hope that helps.

jakelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, back to the topic...

My Wii is JAP, running on 3.2J and D2C Key. I would like to have US version of Opera Browser installed (which I have) - would this be possible? Thanks...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
why dont you try it?

i wanna know too,

jakelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered my SD card and have not received it yet...can't install yet....wondering also if these wad files can be installed via a USB flash drive...

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakelee said:
Ok, back to the topic...

My Wii is JAP, running on 3.2J and D2C Key. I would like to have US version of Opera Browser installed (which I have) - would this be possible? Thanks...

You can try freethewad it first before installing it, but I can't guarantee your Wii's safety, as it might brick it.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
it was tried it dint work but i still think a little more hacking should do the trick

prinzhernan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hippyharry said:
why not get Mario kart?

it installs the internet browser for free. lol.

edit: plus mario kart is a good game and well worth the dosh. or just rent it.

Really? When I booted up Mario Kart it didn't give me the Opera Browser. I've been trying to install many Opera browsers in my Jap Wii already but to no avail. Sigh.
frown.gif

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart installing the Internet Browser? In the US maybe? I have the German version and there was no Internet Channel coming with it - at least it didn't install anything alike on my Wii, the only thing I noticed was that Mario Kart Wii updated the system firmware. So can anyone confirm that the browser comes with Mario Kart Wii?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
It installs a Mario Kart Channel, not Opera Browser Channel. Well,in PAL version that is.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
it was tried it dint work but i still think a little more hacking should do the trick

This should help you.

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/180436140/Opera_NTSC-J.wad replace ** with tt
Sorry if liks are not permited but I just wanted to help...

D

Deleted User

it's not permitted.

You're asking to be banned!

REMOVE THE LINK!! STAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative