Can I use a Game Genie to circumvent region lock on a PAL-B NES?

gumphfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of my newly acquired NES games are region locked. I have the option of buying a Game Genie, but will it help me circumvent the region lock?
If not, what will?

Thank you in advance.

gumphfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@drewmerc
I know about that method, I was looking for a less invasive approach.

@Fishaman P
I have searched, google didn't turn up anything usable. But I seem to remember someone mentioning, that a game genie would do the trick. I just can't verify it...

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just get the NES2 (Model NES-101)..
this revised model dosent have "10NES" (Regionfree)

However my guess, is that sense Game Genie would already have to bypass 10NES, region code would no longer matter.
Otherwise i believe what your looking for is a Gamekey.

tyrantpig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to have a few of them but sold them all.... I'm not sure what they are called but they were tiny cartridges (about 1/4 the size of a normal NES cart) and you could play any region NES cartridge on them (y) I know as I used it ^^

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, Game genie is not endorsed by Nintendo (even sued back in nes days) meaning they bypass the 10NES chip, however i do not know the steps in witch it boots the retail games plugged into it, i know how the cheats work. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING A GAME GENIE!! it will damage ur nes. look it up.

Personally i would just mod the hardware as suggested above with a good pair of side snips.

i hope you also know that regardless of how you do it, some out of region games will have bad glitches on out of region consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw