Hacking Can i run RxTools without an internet connection?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,463
  • Replies 42

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone send me a tutorial to use the sysupdater (with download links)?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/
Is general guidline of what @Tony_93 tried to help you. It has link for sysupdater.

Google [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) so you can find the firmware.

No, you can keep the same emunand/installed cias/savefiles.

Just delete rxTools.dat, firmware.bin and the rxTools folder (if you have one in your SD card).
No need. He can just need to download rxTools 2.5.2 and replace some file, folder (the file/foler structure is the same on 2.5.2 as 2.6 version).

He will need to update to newer version to use Themehax though, but for the sake of not messing up his head around updating step(yes this is the dangerous step if not doing it correctly).

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Margen67

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/
Is general guidline of what @Tony_93 tried to help you. It has link for sysupdater.

Google [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) so you can find the firmware.

No need. He can just need to download rxTools 2.5.2 and replace some file, folder (the file/foler structure is the same on 2.5.2 as 2.6 version).

He will need to update to newer version to use Themehax though, but for the sake of not messing up his head around updating step(yes this is the dangerous step if not doing it correctly).

He is "updating" rxTools, not downgrading back to 2.5.2

Nightly builds don't have the same structure as 2.6 so he has no use for those files, anyways he will be using a nighly for themehax and this is because when you download ctrbootmanager is ready to use with nightly rxTools builds.

Last edited by Tony_93,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is "updating" rxTools, not downgrading back to 2.5.2

Nightly builds don't have the same structure as 2.6 so he has no use for those files, anyways he will be using a nighly for themehax, because when you download ctrbootmanager is ready to use with nightly rxTools builds.
I know right. The thing is he needs to focus on safely update to 9.2 first rather than messing around and may risk bricking his 3DS.

After he is on 9.2, update rxTools is easier (misplacing rxTools file, folder doesn't brick 3DS. Updating in wrong mode will brick) As he is on 2.6, 2.5.2 has the same file/folder structure. 2.5.2 has Devmode too. If he's not familiar with 3.0 he might risk booting straight into EMUNAND/SYSNAND if he's not careful/told about (the change of using L instead of R to boot into RxTools menu, which is the difference between 2.6 and 3.0 nightly)

Last edited by tivu100,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know right. The thing is he needs to focus on safely update to 9.2 first rather than messing around and may risk bricking his 3DS.

After he is on 9.2, update rxTools is easier (misplace rxTools file, folder on't brick 3DS. Updating in wrong mode will brick) As he is on 2.6, 2.5.2 has the same file/folder structure. 2.5.2 has Devmode too. If he's not familiar with 3.0 he might risk booting straight into EMUNAND/SYSNAND if he's not careful/told about (the change of using L instead of R to boot into RxTools menu, which is the difference between 2.6 and 3.0 nightly)

Then I guess it would be his fault and no one else's, you see when you are clearly told to do something in a certain way and you go out of your way and do something completely different, there will be no one else to blame other than yourself.

I was clear in Dev Mode usage needed for this process in order to avoid bricking his 3DS, if he boots into rxMode and screw up is a lesson he woud learn the hard way.

I gave him clear instructions, there is no need to babysit him like he is a 4 year old updating the 3DS.

Anyways if he misses opening the menu wether he presses or not L, he will boot into emunand and he will be safe.

Last edited by Tony_93,
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm downloading the firmware via 3DNUS and i will downgrade my rxtools to 2.5.2 and boot into dev mode more easily
I need to instal sysupdate to sysnand right?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading the firmware via 3DNUS and i will downgrade my rxtools to 2.5.2 and boot into dev mode more easily
Correct, sysupdater installed on SYSNAND Destination SD. However, 3DNUS is dead for old firmware.

Google [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) so you can find the 9.2 firmware

Make sure download the correct firmare for your region and model (new vs old 3ds).

Last edited by tivu100,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3DNUS doesn't work to download old updates anymore, get the update pack from some website.

And... Did you seriously ask that??? Maybe you need to go back to the first page of this thread and read the 5 steps I wrote about how to use sysupdater, it seems like you olympicaly missed the first step.

D

Deleted User

OP
no, im afraid of bricking my 3ds
i gonna boot rxtools via my old ds flashcard
i only need to find a tutorial

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
no, im afraid of bricking my 3ds
i gonna boot rxtools via my old ds flashcard
i only need to find a tutorial
That won't work, why do you think you can launch rxtools through a ds flashcard. Follow the advice in the thread. Why are you ignoring everything everyone is saying.

Ill repeat one more time

Install rxtools nightly
Boot Devmode
Install sysupdater
Update to 9.2 using update cia pack
install themehax
Autoboot rx tools

Not hard

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That won't work, why do you think you can launch rxtools through a ds flashcard. Follow the advice in the thread. Why are you ignoring everything everyone is saying.

Ill repeat one more time

Install rxtools nightly
Boot Devmode
Install sysupdater
Update to 9.2 using update cia pack
install themehax
Autoboot rx tools

Not hard

Dude don't waste your time, there is no point in giving him the same information again and again...

D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry for bothering everyone, i'm fine with my 3ds emunand now (boot via MSET)
I'm pretty noob about the cfw and i'm brazilian, so i cant understand some instructions, and i have only 13 years old so i dont speak english so well.
Thanks everyone for the help, i learned a lot about the cfw scene but i'm afraid of bricking my console (they are expensive in my country since the economy is pretty bad these days)

Reactions: tivu100

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its ok man, I can understand you. I also stay in 4.5 not because im afraid to follow the guide i have myself the 9.2 nand back up, still gonna stay. It takes like a minute or less to go to ds profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c