Homebrew Can I run homebrew with Drivekey?

Sao Mortel

OP
Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Drivekey installed; now I want to backup a game to a SD card. Can I do it and what is the homebrew called?
Oh and I dont want to install the homebrew channel or anything permanent on my wii.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Use bannerbomb or the twilight hack to run WiiDump from SD

Bannerbomb : http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

Wiidump : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=162018

Follow the Bannerbomb instructions but instead of putting the hackmii installer in the root of the SD, put the Wiidump boot.dol in the root.

When bannerbomb runs it will launch Wiidump and you can dump your game without installing anything to the Wii. Then you can burn the game and play it through your modchip.

turbologo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I´ve a little problem while trying to dump a game.

First at all, the DriveKey-Chip is not installed in my console yet - but as I understood the guide shown above, this isn´t necessary, is it?

So I took an old 2 gig SD-Card an put bannerbomb on it. After that, I took the boot.dol (ONLY that file!) and put it into the root directory.

Then I used the discription above: WII-->go to Channel --> message pops up --> and then I pressed OK/YES (I can´t remember, but not "NO"! ;-D ).

After that, bannerbomb loads about 1 second and then a message appeared: "Press any key to exit." So I pressed a key on the remote an the Wii reboots.

That´s all. No dumping at all!

Where is the mistake????

Thanks a lot for an answer...

PS: Sorry for my bad English, but school is over for a long time ;-)

turbologo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First: Thank you for the really fast answer!

The .dol is in the root-directory of the sd-card. is there any other file from the WIIDUMP.ZIP required? Or just the .dol file?

I tried to disable the wiiconnect24-function, unfortunately it changed nothing - I still get the message "Press any button to exit.", after doing this, the Wii reboots and nothing happened...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
does the "Press any button to exit." come from bannerbomb or wiidump, cause bannerbomb is just the loader for the .dol file.

e.g. screens goes black then "Press any button to exit."

or can you still see the channels in the background after you press ok from the WII-->go to Channel --> message pops up --> and then I pressed OK/YES sreen

turbologo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
after pressing a button, the screen goes completely black and only in the upper left corner the well known "Press any key..." appears. No screens in background at all...

btw: the wii isn´t modified yet, still running original menu 4.0E...

turbologo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm, I thought this whole procedure would be easy! ;-D

Please, I have absolutely no idea what ios249 means... I think I cancel the whole procedure and use the sd-gecko instead...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)