Hacking Can I run backups on my 1.0 switch without updateing?

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right now you can't. Wait until next week... TX will come and with it better methods of backup loading

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More exploits.

Yeah and ten times more work getting new games and future system-level homebrew apps running with that ancient firmware you're holding on to.

I would have agreed to stick with the lowest firmware in almost all cases (I really wish I hadn't upgraded my Vita!!) but almost every Switch console in existence right now cannot stop the RCM trick, and that seems to be like 90% of what you need to run homebrew/cfw right now.

I'm running 5.1.0 and haven't had any issue running anything that's out there right now... probably even had more luck with cart dumps and stuff because I was on the latest firmware. The ONLY advantage I can see with a lower firmware right now is AutoRCM, but I don't think that'll be a limitation for long now that they know corrupting boot will launch it. I'll admit that it does take a few more mins to hook it up to my phone to boot after a shutdown but to be honest, with working Sleep, it isn't a big deal at all... at least one that would stop me from upgrading.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Albytrozz,
Reactions: SaggyBeans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up