can I restore SXOS backup on Atmos?

DNStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So my SD card got corrupted, I am on a new SD Card and I want to restore a back up of my NAND. I used to have a sysnand and emunand and I made a back up using SX OS over a year ago. In the mean time I have switch to Atmos but I only have my SX OS back up.
Will this cause a conflict?
Can I even restore a backup I have made with SX OS if I am using Atmos now?

I have looked at some tutorials but I am not 100% sure if I am doing the right thing so I wanted to ask in advice before I break my Switch.
I copied the
"backup" folder containing boot0.bin, boot1.bin, full.00.bin-full.07.bin onto my SD card under the folder "backup" then numbers of my Switch and then I dragged them into a folder called "restore".

NOW inside Hekate do I first have to say "Partition SD Card" (under tools) because I do not have an emuMMC on the new SD card?
Or do I just go straight to Restore eMMC?

Inside the eMMC Restore options do I enable SD emuMMC Raw Partition?
Do I just click on eMMC ALL?

Or should I ignore that and first do eMMC BOOT0&BOOT1 and then eMMC RAW GPP?

I am not even sure what exactly GPP means?

----------
Basically I just want to restore my EMUNAND and I hope that this won't kill Atmos and give me SX OS back and overwrite Atmos which is already on the SD CARD.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my SD card got corrupted, I am on a new SD Card and I want to restore a back up of my NAND. I used to have a sysnand and emunand and I made a back up using SX OS over a year ago. In the mean time I have switch to Atmos but I only have my SX OS back up.
make a backup of your current Sysnand before you do anything else. You will be able to restore to this should anything bad happen. Do it on your fresh card and get it to your PC right away.
Will this cause a conflict?
Can I even restore a backup I have made with SX OS if I am using Atmos now?
a nand is a nand. only issue would be FW version and fuses, but if youre using Hekate that’s not a concern because Hekate bypasses all that.

NXNandManager will probably come in handy for the restore.
You can use Emutool to convert between the types and formats of nand.

Could also do it with Hakate’s built in restore function (same place you did the backup.)
I have looked at some tutorials but I am not 100% sure if I am doing the right thing so I wanted to ask in advice before I break my Switch.
I copied the
"backup" folder containing boot0.bin, boot1.bin, full.00.bin-full.07.bin onto my SD card under the folder "backup" then numbers of my Switch and then I dragged them into a folder called "restore".
Perfect…you’re on the right track.
NOW inside Hekate do I first have to say "Partition SD Card" (under tools) because I do not have an emuMMC on the new SD card?
it’s quick to do. Might as well let Hekate create the 29G partition for you.
Or do I just go straight to Restore eMMC?
partition first.
Inside the eMMC Restore options do I enable SD emuMMC Raw Partition?
do the restore first. It should enable it for you. If it doesn’t then you can enable it by hand. Let the tool do the work…
Do I just click on eMMC ALL?

Or should I ignore that and first do eMMC BOOT0&BOOT1 and then eMMC RAW GPP?
I believe either will work. You’re doing a restore to emunand so you can’t really mess up as long as you’re pointing to your sd card.

Make double sure you’re pointed at your sd card!

I am not even sure what exactly GPP means?

----------
Basically I just want to restore my EMUNAND and I hope that this won't kill Atmos and give me SX OS back and overwrite Atmos which is already on the SD CARD.
emunand is CFW neutral. Use the tools in the docs in the links for the tools above and you should be good to go.

make backups…especially your Sysnand.
read everything
go slow
Make sure you’re only modifying Emunand.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: DNStuff and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.