Can I recover Savegames from corrupt emuMMC before I restore?

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Gang,

Hoping someone knows a way to save my savegames before I do a total restore of my emuMMC from the copy I made when I first modded my switch.

I want to get the savegames off it using Hekete or another method, if anyone has one.

Here's my situation:

I posted my problem with photos on reddit and here, and got no solutions to allow me to boot my emuMMC from Hekete (I have a working sysMMC but my emuMMC won't boot).

So I have no solutions left but restore my emuMMC and lose all of my saves. I'm at like 106 shrines in Breath of the Wild, and countless other amounts of game hours.

Help me GBATEMP kenobi, you're my only hope!
thank you

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: I managed to get the file from my emuMMC using NxNandManager as suggested in some other posts here. Now I need to start from scratch and reinstall all of my games somehow.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would put a homebrew app on your switch called "Checkpoint" or "JKSV" and backup your save file(s). Then once you reinstall everything, simply run Checkpoint or JKSV, and restore the save files. (note: all while in Emunand)

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would put a homebrew app on your switch called "Checkpoint" and backup your save file(s). Then once you reinstall everything, simply run Checkpoint again and restore the save files. (note: all while in Emunand)
This would be amazing advice if I could boot up my Switch in order to access Homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1