Can i recieve pokemon event when hack change region jp to us on new 3ds LL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Binh Nguyen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Binh Nguyen
    OP

Binh Nguyen Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    My friend has new3ds LL hack change region jp to us, but he can't recieve pokemon event in mystery gift, it show error 006-0112. Anyone help me pls? thanks :D

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    No. Mystery gift is done via 3DS region. Even if you region change the 3DS, internally things like the eshop don't change. Correct me if I'm wrong. So no you probably cannot do that, and will continue to see the error. Your best bet is to just inject the wonder card. It's a simpler idea. You can do that by using SaveDataFiler to decrypt the save and then whatever program is being used these days.

Binh Nguyen likes this.
  3. Binh Nguyen
    OP

Binh Nguyen Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Thanks for reply, i'll try it :D

4. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    You don't need to do any of that. Just export the save file and edit the region of the save to any other region and when you mystery gift it'll pull that region's gift.

5. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    It's literally easier to just use pkhex or whatever. You back up the save, put the SD card in your PC, inject the wonder cards, put it back into the 3ds, and import the save back. There is no reason to even bother with changing regions because you can inject wonder cards from any region. You would have to change region multiple times to get gifts from multiple regions that way.

6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's assuming the WonderCard is available somewhere. With new serial code events using something like NTR/Luma to change region is still necessary. I agree though, if you have access to the .wc6/.wc6full then just inject it with PKHeX, one and done.

7. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    You don't need to change regions on the system, it will do nothing. You need to edit the region in the save file in pkhex.