Question Can I play online with cfw now and is reboots okay now with joyconhax

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Bitsybait, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    If you were to somehow find an exploit in pk1ldr that occurred before the fuse checks you could have a similar thing while also being untethered. Though pk1ldr is very small and fuse checks are one of the first things to be done, making such a thing effectively impossible

2. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    Well that’s just how things are. It’s not as bad as you think honestly, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

3. Bitsybait
    OP

Bitsybait GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Yeah I understand too bad were living in the digital age we couldve probably found some shitty shovelware game save exploit like cubic ninja I don't like shitty games of course but damn.

4. edilima

edilima Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Brazil
    This is the best definition I've found regarding coldboot vs warmboot.

Warmboot means boot, then exploit.
    Coldboot means exploit, then boot. The current RCM use exploit is coldboot, Deja Vu is warmboot.

5. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    This isn’t the 3ds. Nintendo isn’t taking any more risks, the only firmware you could potentially get cold boot on is 1.0.0

6. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    It's theoretically possible up to 3.0.1 actually (chances of it actually happening are still basically 0% on 1.0.0+). There's also other firmwares that it is possible on, though they require 0 fuses to be burnt unfortunately

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted