Hacking Question Can I play online with cfw now and is reboots okay now with joyconhax

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,911
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey I want to hack my switch but there's those two questions above that's keeping me from doing it. Can I now play online with cfw for free without getting banned and is there reboot retained hacks yet. My switch is definitely not patched I got it Christmas 2017.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I want to hack my switch but there's those two questions above that's keeping me from doing it. Can I now play online with cfw for free without getting banned and is there reboot retained hacks yet. My switch is definitely not patched I got it Christmas 2017.
No you cant play online without getting banned
And there is no coldboot
//thread

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not a switch expert but if you play online with CFW there's a chance you will be banned. so don't risk it if you care to play legit if not then play away.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah I'm still researching but one of my answers is pretty much answered online play will be available soon as a Dev teased true emunand this also might mean reboot retained hacks as your dual booting cfw and ofw which means you'll have to reboot.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No that's considered untethered not coldboot.

You're confusing warm boot and cold boot with tethered and untethered.
Good point. But in my mind, if they don't specifically say tethered coldboot, then untethered is implied as RCM mode is probably not what they're after.
I'm still not sure I agree that RCM can be considered tethered coldboot. It still requires booting into one thing and rebooting into another. Wouldn't that be warmboot?

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in my experience I haven’t been banned yet and had been running atmosphere for a while, just don’t install nsps and don’t cheat online. There is a small risk though, so if you care a lot about it and you can’t live without it I wouldn’t advise it. I don’t care that much about online so I hacked mine. And if you reboot you will still have cfw but if you power down, cfw Is lost.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point. But in my mind, if they don't specifically say tethered coldboot, then untethered is implied as RCM mode is probably not what they're after.
I'm still not sure I agree that RCM can be considered tethered coldboot. It still requires booting into one thing and rebooting into another. Wouldn't that be warmboot?
The fact that the exploit is triggered before booting into OFW classifies it as cold boot. A warm boot would be an exploit that you run after launching OFW such as a web exploit or the like.

Reactions: Draxzelex
D

Deleted User

OP
Well in my experience I haven’t been banned yet and had been running atmosphere for a while, just don’t install nsps and don’t cheat online. There is a small risk though, so if you care a lot about it and you can’t live without it I wouldn’t advise it. I don’t care that much about online so I hacked mine. And if you reboot you will still have cfw but if you power down, cfw Is lost.
Ah that's still flawed right when I've made this thread my Vita shit the bed so I might hack it anyways because my friends list is dead anyways F I can recover the Vita but I just want to relax but then again the switch is definitely less convient then the Vita. But yeah that's stupid if you power down you lose it I don't like hacks like that. But continue of course supporting the homebrew community so it can improve.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't do anything super sketchy (piracy, save editing/cheating in online titles, odd CDN behavior) your chances of getting banned are very low

Untethered cold boot is not a thing and probably never will be (at least on release firms)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add onto what Kafluke says, Fusee Gelee is more of a coldboot than any untethered coldboot exploit because the only theoretical one we have wouldn't bypass the fuse check unlike Fusee Gelee. There is also no rebooting with Fusee Gelee. You go from RCM straight into Horizon. RCM is triggered before Horizon which is what considers it a coldboot. If we ever booted into Horizon before launching the exploit, it would be classified as a warmboot like Deja Vu.

Reactions: Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome