Hacking Can I move Repatch to another directory?

kite21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, a few days ago I bought an SD2Vita adapter, I followed the tutorials and everything is fine and dandy. The thing is my tai folder (where the plugins are) is now located on ur0 (the vita's internal memory) instead of being on ux0. I do understand why is this. What I want to know is if there is a way to relocate the repatch plugin and folder back to ux0 (my SD2Vita). I want to apply a patch to a game but the patch is too big (3gigs+) for me to place it on the internal memory.

Can such thing be done? I thank you for your input, have a nice day :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Huh, the actual 2nd and/or decrypted update is already loaded from ux0, you don't put them in ur0

As for the original question, nothing inherently* forbids you to put a plugin anywhere (changing the path in config.txt obviously), it's just more convenient and less user-error prone to have them all together :)

* some plugins may have hardcoded paths, but that's the plugin's problem, not taihen's

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rePatch uses hardcoded paths to ux0:/rePatch/ and ux0:/reAddcont/, it doesn't matter where you put the plugin as long as it's referenced in your config.txt

EDIT: oh well got ninja'd again

Last edited by ShroomKing,
Reactions: kite21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple