Gaming can i keep kernel 1.18 and ysmenu on one r4ds?

dave950

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i keep both of them in one r4ds and switch them back and forth when im using it?
and does ysmenu support download play?

no posts yet? lol

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think so, although, i am a newb,.............. buuuut, I did see an option while installing or, um, settin up the ysmenu wid the r4.bat where u can make it a nds file u can open likea game to start the YSmenu. So, basically, u can start on the R4DS, then just open up the YSmenu =), but like me, YOUR GAMES MIGHT NOT WORK -__-! GAH!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can. YSMenu can be used as a regular .nds file (load it like any ROM), a replacement for the media button (the middle button) or as an entire firmware replacement.

Not sure why you'd still want to keep 1.18 though. Many games will not function correctly and you'll only get limited access to the GBAtemp cheat database.

EDIT: And yes, YSMenu supports download play.

dave950

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Yes you can. YSMenu can be used as a regular .nds file (load it like any ROM), a replacement for the media button (the middle button) or as an entire firmware replacement.

Not sure why you'd still want to keep 1.18 though. Many games will not function correctly and you'll only get limited access to the GBAtemp cheat database.

EDIT: And yes, YSMenu supports download play.

i was thinking of keeping because i thought ysmenu didnt support download play

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can assure you it does. I officially gave up on 1.18 nearly a year ago and haven't looked back since. YSMenu (properly made) can do everything that 1.18 can do and more such as -

better ROM compatibility
better cheat compatibility
faster loading with the latest custom infolib.dat
non-standard save sizes with the latest savlib.dat

It also has built-in EZFlash 3-in-1 support. True, there may be a couple of games that don't get along with YSMenu and skins are harder to find (and can only be used singularly without additional homebrew software) but on the whole you gain a lot more than you lose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ohgayhoe +1