Hacking Can I Have An Idiot's Guide Please..?

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've updated my Gateway cart. I'm currently using the Zelda exploit to enter Gateway mode but thought I'd update everything now that EmuNAND is available for the New 3DS these days.

I've copied the 7.4.1 launcher.dat file to the root of my Gateway's micro-SD card as well as the Dev Menu 3DS file but have no idea what to do next lol.

Here's what I've got so far:

New 3DS on 9.0E firmware
Ocarina Of Time legit cart with the Save file exploit
7.4.1 launcher.dat file
Dev Menu 3DS file

Is there anything else I need, I can't for the life of me remember what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any help!:D

D

Deleted User

Launcher.dat goes on the internal SD card inside the 3DS - not the GW.
3.7.1 is the latest launcher - not sure where you got 7.4.1

Once you place launcher.dat on the microSD, just boot GW like you would normally. Go to system settings, and if you see GW3D before the system version, go straight to Other Settings->System Update and it will update your emunand to 10.6
Then just restart the console and boot GW again to get back into GW mode on your new emuNAND.

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers, not sure where I got 7.4.1 from lol :D

Isn't there some way of using Dev Menu to save myself from using the Ocarina Of Time exploit though..?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use another exploit (either Ocarina of Time or browser) to install menuhax. Then use the GW.3dsx file with menuhax to run the gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.