Can I get banned from Nintendo?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PyroBurnz, Jun 12, 2017.

1. PyroBurnz
    OP

PyroBurnz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys just a quick question. So I am going to buy a pre-owned 2ds or new one IDK yet. But if I do have version 11.3 what Homebrew can I get and if I can get soundhax would I be able to install legit cia like Pokemon moon on my 2ds. Would Nintendo ban me or know that I got moon for free... What should I do. I went to discord and they had no idea... So anyone pls help.

After seeing your comments.

I just want to have a non cfw with soundhax and have udsploit then launch fbi to install a legit cia and play Pokemon moon online? Would that be ok?

Last edited by PyroBurnz, Jun 14, 2017
  2. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    The banwave seems to be over. Go over the steps mentioned on 3ds.guide to prevent potential future bans, but you should be fine

3. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Modding a console always comes with risk of a ban. If you're not willing to take that risk, don't mod your console, and purchase all your games legitimately

4. Windylacine

Windylacine GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2016
    You can get banned from online if installing unauthorized apps like FBI, that shop, homebrew launcher and Luma updater in CIA formate or cheating online, possibly playing leaked games before official release date Pokemon Sun/Moon for example.

I'd advise to keep yours unmodded for a while until its support ends if you want to play online legally, if you find a used system that has CFW installed on it and is banned from online, you can use it for anything as you please.

5. JunTheBobOmbAce

JunTheBobOmbAce Double Trouble

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Anything you do here can get you possibly banned.

As long as you read everything carefully, you should be fine. Nintendo would only ban you if you went shouting out that you pirate games in front of them, lol.

PyroBurnz likes this.
  6. PyroBurnz
    OP

PyroBurnz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2017
    United States
    So it is ok that I just regularly install soundhax and that's it? Would that be ok if I only had soundhax and nothing else and I off spotpass and stuff.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I just want to have a non cfw with soundhax and have udsploit then launch fbi to install a legit cia and play Pokemon moon online? Would that be ok?

7. littleman

littleman Banned

Banned
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    If you play a game you don't own online you still risk getting a ban.
    Playing it with or without CFW won't reduce your chance of getting banned.
    If you're going to pirate games you very may as well install CFW so you don't risk updating sysNAND without protection.