Hacking Can I downgrade without a nand

natron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it in 8.1 with choir nx and 4.1 in the firmware folder running atmosphere and backed up 8.1 boots and everything so I lost my nand for 4.1 back in the day so what steps with choir nx do I need to make to downgrade I have fat 32 with 5 fuses burnt

Last edited by natron,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you preserved your fuses, there is nothing to be gained by downgrading to 4.1.0. If you didn't install AutoRCM while you were still on 4.1.0 to preserve fuses, then you can't functionally downgrade to 4.1.0, with or without a backup.

In Hekate, you can check how many fuses you have burnt. If it's more then 5, you can't go back to 4.1.0. If you updated to 8.1.0 without AutoRCM, then you probably have 10 burnt fuses.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: natron

natron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5 cool it's for downgrading because I want a extra nand back up of 4.1 then cleaning that backup then restoring the clean backup to 4.1 then I'm updating to 8.1 ofw to use emunand

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5 cool it's for downgrading because I want a extra nand back up of 4.1 then cleaning that backup then restoring the clean backup to 4.1 then I'm updating to 8.1 ofw to use emunand
I'm confused. You're downgrading so you can upgrade again? What is your ultimate goal: to play online?

Downgrading without a clean NAND backup isn't going to clean your sysNAND.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ and natron

natron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The goal is to go back to 4.1 to make a dirty nand into a clean nand heard theres extra checks nintendo made after fw 5.1 by downgrading then making a 4.1 backup then mounting that nand and deleting certain files to make it look cleaner or safer to go online other users have cleaned there dirty nand and have got good results with no bans atm edit updating the official way to yo make it look legit to fw 8.1 to make the fuse count match the fw

Last edited by natron,

345742D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody knows what criteria Nintendo needs to ban people. The people you're talking about who have turned their dirty NAND into a clean one just haven't been hit by the ban wave yet. I've heard of people playing online for months with CFW and not getting banned, but they will be eventually. If you didn't take a NAND backup first thing before booting into CFW, consider yourself ban-worthy if you're going online, no matter how much you scrub that NAND.

Reactions: Kafluke and PHiLiPZ

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Once files have been edited, deleted, moved even just accessed in any way other than 100% the way Nintendo intended then it isn't clean and never will be. Whether that is enough to eventually cause a ban is unknown at the moment. However its likely that doing this wont be enough, it's really not hard to tell if files have been tampered with.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The goal is to go back to 4.1 to make a dirty nand into a clean nand heard theres extra checks nintendo made after fw 5.1 by downgrading then making a 4.1 backup then mounting that nand and deleting certain files to make it look cleaner or safer to go online other users have cleaned there dirty nand and have got good results with no bans atm edit updating the official way to yo make it look legit to fw 8.1 to make the fuse count match the fw
Downgrading to 4.1.0 without a clean NAND backup isn't going to clean your NAND. If, for example, you've installed NSP files before, those traces will still be there. There are other things you can do to potentially clean your NAND, but without a clean NAND backup, there's a chance you're going to get banned regardless if you connect to the internet.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's not forget that none of your error logs are going to match what Nintendo has on file if you've ever taken this online.

If your fuse counts match and you've never been online then you CAN build a clean nand matching that fuse count and you should be fine. It's a lot of work tho.

Also sentence structure and punctuation are your friend. Take some time to reply and make it readable please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and that's why i think j cole made the right call