Hacking Can i clean my nand by resoring only rawnand.bin?

linkfloyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i want to clean my nand to be able to use online services and homebrew by using emunand. The problem is, i only have a full backup (with boot0 and boot1) from my switch in 2017, but in 2018, my switch got a new board (not patched), so this first backup should by useless. Of course i created a new backup of my switch as soon as i got it back, but from this backup, there is only one file "rawnand.bin00".

Can i use / restore this without boot0 and boot1? I did not do any update since the backup was created, so i could also backup those partitions(?) now, but i don´t know if the restore will work with the combination of these three files.

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany :)

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not follow my advice but seek as a starting point, i believe you can downgrade to the firmware matching your nand backup, and create a new boot0/1 backup. this will have autoRCM installed.

i would create a new rawnand + boot0/1 right now, save that somewhere, downgrade and backup the boot0/1, then use this with your first backup and test the restore. if it works, you could remove autoRCM (if the firmware indeed matches fuse count) and create a new boot0/1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-get-my-boot0-boot1-files.541972/

* again this is only a pointer to further investigate but as long as you make a new nand backup with boot0/1 before you begin, you should be fine.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not follow my advice but seek as a starting point, i believe you can downgrade to the firmware matching your nand backup, and create a new boot0/1 backup. this will have autoRCM installed.

i would create a new rawnand + boot0/1 right now, save that somewhere, downgrade and backup the boot0/1, then use this with your first backup and test the restore. if it works, you could remove autoRCM (if the firmware indeed matches fuse count) and create a new boot0/1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-get-my-boot0-boot1-files.541972/

* again this is only a pointer to further investigate but as long as you make a new nand backup with boot0/1 before you begin, you should be fine.
No. This is wrong. If you restore your backup nand without boot0 and boot1 you will be stuck with that section still on 9.0

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i want to clean my nand to be able to use online services and homebrew by using emunand. The problem is, i only have a full backup (with boot0 and boot1) from my switch in 2017, but in 2018, my switch got a new board (not patched), so this first backup should by useless. Of course i created a new backup of my switch as soon as i got it back, but from this backup, there is only one file "rawnand.bin00".

Can i use / restore this without boot0 and boot1? I did not do any update since the backup was created, so i could also backup those partitions(?) now, but i don´t know if the restore will work with the combination of these three files.

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany :)

It won't work due to the missing boot0/boot1, there is the method of rebuilding your NAND with Choidujour PC version but it is a hassle.

linkfloyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

My switch runs 5.1.0 and the backup was also taken from 5.1.0, so no need to downgrade here, right? The question is: if both the switch and the backup are at the same firmware-version (5.1.0), do i still need to restore boot0 and boot1? From my opinion, the boot0 and boot1 on device should work with the restored rawnand.bin, but i'm not sure. The other question is, if the restore runs successfully, will my nand be clean enough to go online? The backup was created before any use of homebrew / cfw (right after the replacement of its board).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night