can Customs arrest you for buying contraband?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i want to buy a taser (aka stun gun) for self defense purposes, but those are illegal here by law, meaning that it would be classified as contraband.

so what i'd like to know is, if i take the risk and order the taser gun online anyway and the local customs here managed to intercept my package, will they send the police to arrest me? or will they just ask me to pay a fine and then send it back to the seller? can't i just feign ignorance and say that its not my package?

i really want to buy the taser gun, i need it to protect myself, but i don't want to go to jail, should i take the risk or not?

thanks for the help!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically they can.
They can report you to the authorities and the authorities can do something about it.

I've seen a lot of people getting busted cause they got cocaine/heroin in the mail.
Along with a couple of officers who where awaiting the person on their doorstep ;')

If you're paranoid about your safety, don't go outside.
Learn self defense or whatever.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A stun gun isn't the best go-to for self defense. Get pepper spray if it's legal. There are very dangerous downsides to a stun gun.

They have to be within reach...you have to touch the person you are trying to defend yourself against, which means you are also within their reach.

This means they could stab, punch, etc. you before you have a chance to use the stun gun. They could not be affected by it as much as you expected, resulting in your being taken by surprise. They could overpower you and turn it against you.

There is also a chance that the shock could result in their death via heart attack or other such complications. This would result in you possibly being arrested for murder.

If stun guns are illegal, then I assume real guns are too? If so, then your best bet is definitely pepper spreay or "mace" as some call it. The more distance you can keep between you and any potential attacker, the better. A collapsible baton or "asp" is also an option. Or just a plain old cane.

Do not attempt to obtain illegal items through the mail. There's a very good chance that you will get caught and arrested.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What country is that? Vietnam, hong kong? Hard to believe tasers would be illegal. But then again I live in a country where I can go down the street from where I'm at and buy a 40 cal glock and order armor piercing rounds online.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol