Hacking Can anyone test out a wad a friend gave?

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Unfortunately, I don't have BootMii as boot2.

My friend said he made a backup launcher channel using wadder and he wants me to test it. He never tested it himself....neither did I cuz Im scared to try it since I dont have bootmii as boot2.

So anyone who is not scared/has bootmii as boot2 with a nand backup, could you please try his backup launcher?

heres the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?myyuzejzy2z

thanks a lot if you are willing to try it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Think its a bit nasty posting untested wads. In my opinion, if your mate isn't willing to test, he shouldn't be creating. Also, I agree preloader will save you. Worst case, boo to HBC and reinstall sysmenu wad or use firmware downgrader/ARC

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd test it for you but the misses is watching TV.

Looking at the wad it seems safe enough, the banner, logo and icon are all the right sizes.

If no one's tested it by the time the tv's free i'll do it.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Think its a bit nasty posting untested wads. In my opinion, if your mate isn't willing to test, he shouldn't be creating. Also, I agree preloader will save you. Worst case, boo to HBC and reinstall sysmenu wad or use firmware downgrader/ARC
Why the hell would you reinstall the system menu? The channel would still be there.

You delete the channel. Not the system menu.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Worst case, boo to HBC and reinstall sysmenu wad or use firmware downgrader/ARC

That would be a bad idea for a banner brick.
The new system menu would overwrite preloader, and the bad channel would still be installed.

EDIT
Arm The Homeless posted first

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
see, wadder does work
wink.gif

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bugaveli said:
test your own buddies wad
wink2.gif

we dont want to know about it

Thats no way to talk,

some people can't install apps such as bootmii and could get bricked beyond recovery.

I'd much prefer to test a wad for someone rather than fix them after a brick because they didn't ask beforehand

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
andrewhan4 said:
bugaveli said:
wink2.gif

Thats no way to talk,

some people can't install apps such as bootmii and could get bricked beyond recovery.

I'd much prefer to test a wad for someone rather than fix them after a brick because they didn't ask beforehand

bugaveli is actually right,
he should test it at is own cost, it's is friend and he does not trust the guy, why should we??????
I'd much rather you brick your wii than me thats for sure....

now if you (andrewhan4) wanna test it thats your problem, no one as to do it

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrewhan4 said:
bugaveli said:
wink2.gif

Thats no way to talk,

Then I think weve found our official GBATEMP WAD TESTER. Everyone send all your untested wads to him, he is more than willing to test anyone who threw something together in wadder's first try at a wad. I applaud you. If more people were like you this place would be much better. So did his friends wad work andrew? We need you to report back, so we know its safe.

By the way the original comment i made was a poorly made sexual reference.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bugaveli said:
andrewhan4 said:
bugaveli said:
wink2.gif

Thats no way to talk,

Then I think weve found our official GBATEMP WAD TESTER. Everyone send all your untested wads to him, he is more than willing to test anyone who threw something together in wadder's first try at a wad. I applaud you. If more people were like you this place would be much better. So did his friends wad work andrew? We need you to report back, so we know its safe.

To answer your questions and attempt to avoid a flame war:

1. No I'm not an offical wad tester, tho i've done it before - use the search option if you don't believe me
2. The WAD worked as per my posting above

Ta
Andrew

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
andrewhan4 said:
bugaveli said:
andrewhan4 said:
bugaveli said:
wink2.gif

Thats no way to talk,

To answer your questions and attempt to avoid a flame war:

1. No I'm not an offical wad tester, tho i've done it before - use the search option if you don't believe me
2. The WAD worked as per my posting above

Ta
Andrew

i'm sure he is very thankful for you to test his wad, and it sure was nice of you, what i was saying was not to bring you down, it was more of an advice for you.
next thing you know you have your PM box full of noobs that dont wanna read or that risks.
as you can see you already have some one that wanna make you a official wad tester

D

Deleted User

You don't really need Bootmii to save your from banner bricks.

Preloader does the job, and most Wiis support it. No boot2 shitz. Unfortune is, unfortunately, a noob for over-exaggerating.

And please, next time, test your own WADs. Preloader can save you if it has banner bricks.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and plus really if you wanted to make a lot of people mad you could just post as you did and brick everyones wii on purpose, many ppl dont want to take the risk, and also the more silly threads the slower the forum gets. but im glad ur wad works bricks suck
toot.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...