Hacking Can anyone help me with the brlyt editing?

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I making a pack for mkwii with a friend about mario kart double dash and i want to change the menu background texture from the bg.brlyt, but I cant find anything for editing brlyt tpls.

All i want is to change mkwii line background to mkdd star background:
This:
2wn65h5.png

To this:
2ppabh0.png

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brlyts are layout files. There are no tpl's in them. The actual image data is stored elsewhere.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
yes its possible to do just not easy for a beginner looking at the full screen pic you posted i would say the striped background is a 4x4 or 8x8 tpl repeated to fill the screen
you need to swap that tpl will a portion of your star bg then adjust the repeat

id help you more but i really dont have the time right now maybe next week i could but idk yet

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brlyt contains all the data of the images and files loaded inside a screen, so you need to find the file linked with that brlyt (in NSMBW it is located inside the same arc file as the brlyt) it will have a list of tpls.
if the brlyt is inside an arc file , then just add the tpl of your desired image inside, then open the xmlyt (converted brlyt) and replace the bg name with the new bg name for all instances found. (you'll find it at the beginning in the files list area, then you'll find it under a material under the name "texture=")
If you found the .arc file or if you need someone to replace the tpl names for you, send me your xmlyt file (too lazy to convert) and I might look over it.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
brlyt contains all the data of the images and files loaded inside a screen, so you need to find the file linked with that brlyt (in NSMBW it is located inside the same arc file as the brlyt) it will have a list of tpls.
if the brlyt is inside an arc file , then just add the tpl of your desired image inside, then open the xmlyt (converted brlyt) and replace the bg name with the new bg name for all instances found. (you'll find it at the beginning in the files list area, then you'll find it under a material under the name "texture=")
If you found the .arc file or if you need someone to replace the tpl names for you, send me your xmlyt file (too lazy to convert) and I might look over it.
actually its not quite that easy in games you cant just add tpls and change things around the only reason it is in nsmbw is because of the 2D Heap patch from the newer asm hacks which mario kart wii doesnt have and before newer had that patch all the menus was made to their limits i know this because i made them

anyway i managed to grab afew hours today and have the single player bg looking not bad just need to fix afew things ill pm you the files when i get them all how i like them

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually its not quite that easy in games you cant just add tpls and change things around the only reason it is in nsmbw is because of the 2D Heap patch from the newer asm hacks which mario kart wii doesnt have and before newer had that patch all the menus was made to their limits i know this because i made them

anyway i managed to grab afew hours today and have the single player bg looking not bad just need to fix afew things ill pm you the files when i get them all how i like them

I know that, I did various brlyt hacks before finding out about the 2D Heap patch, so if he adds the tpl, he must then replace the other tpl with a blank image (so the game won't mess up if it doesn't find the file). he'll save up the space. also I found 1MB of free space available.

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the help guys! Diddy can I change the bg you will send me from stars to mushrooms because I want stars , mushrooms and clocks backgrounds? It is possible by changing the tpl?Do you want the original mario kart double dash stars texture too?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys! Diddy can I change the bg you will send me from stars to mushrooms because I want stars , mushrooms and clocks backgrounds? It is possible by changing the tpl?Do you want the original mario kart double dash stars texture too?

no i have everything i need thanks
if your planning to have a different bg depending on whats selected in the menus im afraid it doesn't work that way theres only 1 bg setting for all the single player menus and 1 for multi player :( unless you can write asm hacks to add in the change

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
yes the options, single player and multi player bgs can be changed but not just by replacing the file im sending you they will need to each be done separately

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: