can anyone help me with something (ps1 to ps3 question)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by DJPlace, Apr 2, 2011.

1. DJPlace
    OP

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i need to convert 2 game saves for my ps1 games to ps3 and i don't know how to do it

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/crash_bash.GME

this is one of them but the other i have to get from an emulator and post it on megaupload or something.

all i just need is some one to convert the crash bash gme save to psv if that's possbile and i'll get the other save in like 5-19 minutes.

2. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    if you have a usb device you can put the save on the usb device then transfer the save to the ps3

3. DJPlace
    OP

United States
    i tried that and switched the name and no luck.

4. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    well thats all i can think of wish i could help

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I found only one way to do it (psv files are encrypted, and I think there's no program to encrypt/decrypt them yet).

You need to use a hacked PSP to launch the PS1 game in poploader with an additionnal plugin which let you load .mcr file as memory card.
    - Install the memory card manager plugin
    - Load the .mcr file as the current memory card in PSP RAM.
    - Load your save and re-save the game to write the current memory card loaded in RAM as a real PSP save file.
    - Then connect the PSP to PS3 via USB and go to PS1/2 data management, go into the PSP icon and you will see the memory cards with the savefile content. you can now transfer them to PS3.
    - Then you can export it in .psv if you really need it in that format.

here is a tutorial :
    http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=10468

I did it and successfully loaded on PS3 my Castlevania Symphony of the Night NTSC-U save I created on WiiSX [​IMG]
    I didn't try with a memory card full of different games, but I think it will work. You just need 1 save from the game you have on PSP in order to load& re-save it.

You may need MemManager to convert memory card formats from gme to ePSXe .mcr file.

I didn't try, but maybe with a hacked PS3 you can also transfer a raw PS1 save into the internal HDD using an ftp server.

To create a raw save file format :
    - Launch PSX Raw Converter
    - Click ok on the hardware warning (you don't need to configure it you don't have any hardware attached to PC)
    - Load the memory card (.mcr, .gme, mc, etc.)
    - select the game you want to export
    - select File > Save Single Game Save, and save the file as .mcs
    - drag and drop the .mcs into PSX Game Edit 1.60
    - It will create a new file named after the game ID (ex. BASCUS-94570 for your crash bandicot save you linked in first post)

I didn't test that on PS3, I'm just explaining how to convert a save to RAW.

6. DJPlace
    OP

United States
    i think i tried that raw convter thing... did not work oh well i guess i'll have to unlock everything honest john i guess thanks anyway.