Hacking Can anyone explain this?

DGenerateKane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded a Wii not to long ago for someone and he just told me that something happened and all his games were gone. I assumed somehow he updated the wii, (I blocked all updates with priiloader) he mentioned seeing something about an update in the messages area. I looked and on march 16th he received a message saying something about 4.3 being improved with behind the scenes fixes and had an update button. I checked, and he is still on 4.2. So I plug in the drive to my computer, and find everything fucked up. No apps were there, nor games, but there were folders and files with weird names with symbols which are inaccessible. Any idea WTF happened?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DGenerateKane said:
I modded a Wii not to long ago for someone and he just told me that something happened and all his games were gone. I assumed somehow he updated the wii, (I blocked all updates with priiloader) he mentioned seeing something about an update in the messages area. I looked and on march 16th he received a message saying something about 4.3 being improved with behind the scenes fixes and had an update button. I checked, and he is still on 4.2. So I plug in the drive to my computer, and find everything fucked up. No apps were there, nor games, but there were folders and files with weird names with symbols which are inaccessible. Any idea WTF happened?

Its corrupted.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Drive fail? App fail? This is everything what could it be. Nintendo even can't access usb hdds, so it can't be a problem with this.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this before, it was caused by old versions of tantrics emu's and a corruption problem that was in libogc at one point i believe. It happend when saving save states to the HDD, and you probably had the games on a FAT Partition i assume? It corrupts the entire partition

DGenerateKane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is a FAT partition, the only apps on it were CFG (v64 or v65) and FCEUGX (latest at the time, probably 1 or 2 versions ago). As for what exactly happened, I can't verify, but he has young kids so anything could have happened.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix it up, if it happens again post (may just be he put his USB drive next to microwave... or something)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
Yeah it is a FAT partition, the only apps on it were CFG (v64 or v65) and FCEUGX (latest at the time, probably 1 or 2 versions ago). As for what exactly happened, I can't verify, but he has young kids so anything could have happened.

1 or 2 versions ago of FCEUGX was right around the time it had the problem, so more than likely this is what happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bruh