Hacking Can anybody PLEASE explain to me what I need to do ? :|

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Connorlucas18 said:
Can anybody PLEASE explain to me what I need to do ?
Read, read and and read it again.

After some hour you are understand it.

^^ Thats no joke, do it!

D

Deleted-171178

[*]First download and put bannerbomb on your SD card. If you are unable to download it, scroll down to TroyTheZombies post and download from there.
[*]Then download the Hackmii installer and place in on the root of your SD, keeping it named boot.elf.
[*]Now turn on your wii, and go into Settings --> Data Management --> Channels and a popup should appear asking "Load boot.dol/elf?", click yes.[*]After that attempt to install Bootmii as Boot2 first, if you are unable to, install Bootmii as IOS.
[*]Then install the Homebrew channel and exit the application.
[*]Put your SD card in your PC and create a folder called "apps" on it.
[*]After that make a folder in it called "Trucha bug restorer" and put this in it.
[*]Then put your SD card into your PC again and download wad manager, CIOS38 rev14 and USB Loader 1.5, rename to boot.dol and place in seperate folders in the "apps" folder (Eg. apps/Wad Manager/boot.dol).
[*]After that create a folder called "Wads" on the root of your SD card.
[*]Finally, you should be all set to go! if you want to download any applications, visit here.What this does:[*]This will be for booting the homebrew application, and uses a malformed channel to crash the wii.
[*]The Hackmii installer allows you to install the Homebrew channel for easy booting of homebrew applications and Bootmii for brick protection.
[*]This will load the Hackmii installer.
[*]This will protect you from bricks and other nasties.
[*]This will install a channel for booting homebrew.
[*]The "apps" folder will contain all of your homebrew applications.
[*]Trucha Bug Restorer will allow you to restore a bug in the Wii's programming that lets you install channels. From my understanding the "Trucha Bug"was a bug in the coding that allowed users to create files that were recognised as Nintendo signed, but had no signature at all.
[*]The Wad mananger lets you install channels and the CIOS and USB Loader let you run games from USB/SD.
[*]omg beegee ur teh bessie!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just do that ^

We could spend all day typing what WAD and IOS's are, Google if you don't know something or check the stickies. All you need to do is follow instructions, it doesn't matter if you don't understand it, just do what it says!

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bannerbomb website is down.

If bootmii CAN'T installed as boot2 preloader is the best solution to prevent a brick(also the hacks ...).

And something more, and Connorlucas18 didn't understand anything if he do what you write.
That's ok, but ...
wink.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
here is the working bannerbomb page for alpha 108.

http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/bannerbomb/bannerbomb.htm

also, here are older versions.

QUOTE said:
BannerBomb

The exploit dubbed as BannerBomb created by Comex is the only public way to load homebrew applications on a System Menu 4.0 wii. The exploit was released on the 5th April 2009 through the IRC Channel #Wiidev. The exploit works by using a malformed banner to crash the wii loading the boot.dol placed in the root of the SD card. Currently this exploit does not allow the Homebrew channel to be installed due to the exploit that was used being blocked in 4.0.
Step by Step

1. Ensure your SD card is formatted as FAT. By default SD cards are formatted as FAT, so if you're not sure you can skip this step.
2. (Optional) Backup the "Private" folder on your SD card or rename it temporarily.
3. Copy the Bannerbomb "Private" folder to your SD Card.
4. Start the Wii, enter Settings, Data Management, Channels then SD Card. (NOT THE SD CARD MENU!)
5. A message should appear asking to load "Boot.dol" If not, try again with a different version.
6. Have fun!

If its not working read this:

* Did you use the SD menu (4.0) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb
* Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use version i don't know yet, some might need another version. Try these versions:
aad20_v102.zip
aad22_v102.zip
aad1e_v102.zip
aad26_v102.zip

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a folder for each of the apps you've downloaded in your "apps" folder in the root of your SD card.

within each of these folders will be a .dol file eg. wad_manager.dol
Rename each of these "boot.dol" in their respective folders.

D

Deleted-171178

Run cIOS Installer and install it.
Wad manager will only brick if you use a bad banner or delete an IOS, install only channels from reputable sources.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
1- You have to install the cIOS just once. After that you can delete it from your SD card.

3- WAD Manager lets you install files in the .wad format, which is the format for Wii channels like VC and WiiWare (don't ask for wads here, they're not allowed in GBATemp for legal issues). It installs them to the Wii memory, so if you want them on your SD card you need to copy them there manually.

4- The word "Brick" is a short for damaging your Wii so it won't play games or work at all. This happens if you install a bad wad (search for "banner brick"), but VC wads are usually ok. It also happens if you install a system update that isn't meant for your Wii (installing an European update in an American Wii, for example), usually from a foreign game.

Now because it's better to prevent than to cure, you should install BootMii or Preloader like everyone just said. That way if you get a brick then you can fix your Wii by yourself (in this case uninstall the bad wad) or ask for help. But preferably do some search and do it yourself; GBATemp is already flooded with "OMG mah Wii is bricked halp!!!" topics
laugh.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
1- Another IOS you could use is the Hermes IOS, which has a higher compatibility for the USB Loader, but it's not necessary and even if you use the Hermes IOS you still need the normal cIOS.

2- Yeah all loaders will work. Which is the best is a matter of opinion, but most people use Coverfloader, Configurable Loader or USB Loader GX.

3- There's an application called "AnyTitleDeleter" that lets you uninstall almost anything from your Wii, even IOS. If you uninstall an IOS or anything important chances are you'll brick your Wii.

On that note, here's a brief and dumbed down (I don't know the specifics) explanation of what an IOS is:

An IOS is a "code" in the Wii system memory that games and homebrew applications use to run. There are many IOS on each Wii, each one marked with a number (IOS9, IOS30, IOS60, etc). Because there are many different IOS, homebrew/game developers can decide which IOS is more convenient to use for their games to run. But official IOS have restrictions, such as only running games from the DVD drive.

Because of this, Waninkoko created the Custom IOS (cIOS for short), which has no restrictions and has extra features that official IOS don't have; this is the IOS that USB Loaders use. Just as a fun fact, this cIOS is installed as IOS249, and the optional Hermes cIOS I mentioned is installed as IOS202

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
1- I'm not sure but I think yes. Trying won't hurt so try (unless you don't have BootMii/Preloader... then if you get a bad wad it WILL hurt!)
HiBit said:
If bootmii CAN'T installed as boot2 preloader is the best solution to prevent a brick
2- To play NTSC wads you'll need to use a tool called StartPatch but it's a bit complex so you're better off getting PAL wads. NTSC ISOS should work fine through an USB Loader.

3- Channels by TroyTheZombie - The last channels on his post are USB loaders. Even with the channels you still need to have the boot.dol file in your SD card in the folder that he specifies.

4- Yep it's the only one. The 4.0NoCIOSfix thing fixes some Wiis that won't let you install any cIOS so you can install them. Try to install IOS249 (the cIOS they told you), and if it gives you an error then use 4.0NoCIOSfix otherwise you won't need it.

Also did you understand the IOS thing? I read it back and I got all dizzy lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: