Can a lawyer please take a look at this?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is the situation... I just got a letter(from my school), one that seemed like a simple reminder to do your summer reading, but at the end there was a little tidbit that felt like someone just wrote my name in the Death Note:

QUOTE said:
We'll see EVERYONE Monday, August 11, 8AM - 2:30PM, in full uniform. Report to the GYM.

August 11th?? What the shit? That's not right. In fact, I remember last year they were planning to start on the 11th too, but it got pushed to the 18th. After some digging, I found a Florida State Law regarding starting times for education, 1001.42 f.s. (2)(f);

QUOTE(f) Opening and closing of schools; fixing uniform date.--Adopt policies for the opening and closing of schools and fix uniform dates; however, beginning with the 2007-2008 school year, the opening date for schools in the district may not be earlier than 14 days before Labor Day each year.

14 days... so the soonest time they can start is the 18th, right? Now here are when my doubts come in: its a private school. However since they have an entire chapter dedicated to public education (here), I'm assuming 1001 applies to both private and public institutions.

Can a lawyer please verify? Or someone? I'm planning to call/visit them tomorrow but I don't want to look retarded.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:
Your school have uniform?

I thought USA schools doesn't have uniforms... Correct me?
Some of them do, most of them don't.

Usually a uniform system is set in place to deter gang violence due to the possibility of gang colors being worn. Also, sometimes schools require uniforms to make their students appear more presentable and respectable. Private schools tend to use uniforms, as well.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. In every UK school, we have to wear uniforms.

In England, you are allowed to wear anything if you are in 6th (usually 16 years old). But in Scotland you must wear uniforms until you leave school.

Also, we don't start school until 9am (8.45am in some schools) and finish at 3.30pm. UK's summer holiday have just started today.
frown.gif
They usually returns 3rd week of August.

Masked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We'll see EVERYONE Monday, August 11, 8AM - 2:30PM, in full uniform. Report to the GYM.

Wow... I just remembered why I hated high school. Just reading that quote pisses me off so much.
Good luck with your problem Linkiboy.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked said:
QUOTE said:

Wow... I just remembered why I hated high school. Just reading that quote pisses me off so much.
Good luck with your problem Linkiboy.
Haha, I know what you mean...

"Report to the GYM" sounds more like "Report to the GALLOWS".
nyanya.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a week earlier than the previous year, don't know what you're getting your panties all in a bunch about. Just be lucky your school doesn't go year round like some schools do.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
It's only a week earlier than the previous year, don't know what you're getting your panties all in a bunch about. Just be lucky your school doesn't go year round like some schools do.
If you went to my school, you'd realize how long a week is
rolleyes.gif

Don't get me started on year-long schools, they get compensation throughout the entire school year, like longer spring breaks, etc.

We don't.

In fact, we have more school time than a public school in Illinois that some of friends go to (before I moved from Illinois), they start on the 26th and have tons of days off, and even end sooner than our school does.

Not to mention we don't have a cafeteria, the building seems to be falling apart, some of teachers shouldn't be teaching, and having a mandatory religion class take up one of my slots in which I could have a normal class is plain frustrating... this just crosses the line even more, and my parents are letting me try to persuade for the public school near the school I go to to let me in, even though I'm not in its region (which is why I went here in the first place) and the school assigned for my region is even worse.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we end in like early June... but so does that Illinois school.

Whatever, I don't care now. I'll prolly waste a week worrying about this, so it makes no sense.

I'm given the option to transfer schools for my junior year, so I'm going to take a look at how the public school fares academically (seeing what classes it offers and getting advice from others) and see if its worth switching to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.